Another newb from Texas

-

Downtime!

Better With A Big Block
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Bryan, from Keller, Texas (a suburb of Fort Worth). Had some good cars back in High School (class of '81), '68 Charger (440 auto), '71 Cuda (440 4 speed), and a '71 Challenger R/T 'vert (340 4 speed), but fell off around '82 and bought a new Mustang GT. Started a long line of blue oval stuff, and I still have a supercharged '12 GT in the garage too.

Today, I made the call and bought a '72 Scamp with a 440 and a 727 in her. Sublime, black interior, 9" rear end. Seems like a clean car and should be a lot of fun. The engine is built a bit (cam, intake, headwork, headers, etc), the interior was redone with Legendary parts, paint looks pretty new, as does the vinyl top. She needs an old school set of Cragar SS and some DR's, but other than that, not much to do but drive and enjoy.

The fender tag shows her to be an original V8 car, but light blue with a blue bench seat interior.

Looking forward to getting back in something with a Pentastar on it and meeting some people here.

The car is being shipped next week, so it's technically not in my possession yet. By the time the paperwork clears, the banks wire the money and the transport company gets her, it will likely be the end of the month before she gets to Texas. Waiting will be tough, but it will be worth it int he end!

Here's some pics from the site for now, many more to follow once she's finally here -

scamp_001.jpg

scamp_004.jpg

scamp_024.jpg

scamp_040.jpg

Thanks! Looking forward to going through the archives here, I have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to things Mopar. Direct Connection was still going strong the last time I had one!

Thanks man! Have to see some pics of that Lancer, that's one you don't hear about much anymore. Always liked those cars!

Welcome to FABO! Looks like a very clean Scamp. I bet the anticipation is killing you...:D

-
Back