Another newbie stupid question.

-

sphipps

Reaction score
Besides the name...what is the differnece between a 1968 Dodge Dart and a 1968 Plymouth Valiant?

Reason for asking is because I have a chance to get a Valiant as a project car but every site I visit for body parts only shows the Dart.

I know this is probably a stupid/easy question and I do appreciate the help.

Thanks.

ok...I already looked on google and bing....the question is will the body panels for a 68 Dart fit a 68 Valiant?

The Valiant was never really designed as a performance car whereas the Dart was available with the 340,383, and 440, therefore you`ll see many more Darts out there being raced, restored, and resurrected and thus a wider variety of available parts. It is much harder to find aftermarket metal for a Valiant than the Dart. To the Valiants advantage many parts are much cheaper than they are for the Darts and it has a shorter wheelbase than the Dart by 3", giving it a slight edge with weight distribution.

Well if I can't find the sheetmetal that I need, then there is no need for me to even get the car...but thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

You might try putting an ad on the site here in the "parts wanted" section and see what happens. Depending on what you`re looking for you can often find a donor car for little money (2 door or 4 door) that can supply a lot of what you need.

Don't rule it out, there were millions of those little things made. What body parts would you need for the car your considering? Also, a lot of the other parts interchange with the Dart so you aren't always looking to the aftermarket.

Don't rule it out, there were millions of those little things made. What body parts would you need for the car your considering? Also, a lot of the other parts interchange with the Dart so you aren't always looking to the aftermarket.

both fenders and quarter panels need replacment.

-
Back