Another Newbie

-

rustykey

Reaction score
Howdy,

My pops and I just bought a 73 Dart Swinger to rebuild. I am new to the mopar scene so I will be on here asking lots of questions. The body is straight, little rust, AC, new disk brakes all around, 318 with the 904 automatic tranny???, interior is good. Paid $1500 for it. Looking forward to speding some time with my dad rebuilding it. I look forward to getting to know you guys on the site and gaining some knowledge. Whats the best place to get parts for these cars? I already ordered the year one catalog. I will post some pics when I get them.

Rusty

Congrats on the purchase.
For me so far (been doing mostly mechanical stuff) I've been online and just found what Autozone, Checker/Shucks/Kragen and NAPA have locally. Just try to find what looks like the best quality with the cheapest price on my part. I did find it funny though that on the Autozone site, some parts are listed as not available by the stores in my zip code and that I should go to the store to order or order online. If I change the zip to the one next to me then another bigger store comes up and many times they have the part in stock. Worth checking out if you have the geographic means to reasonably go to the other stores listed.
Just finished an order with RockAuto.com for suspension and brake pieces. Ended up saving a bit over $100 by doing so even with the ship charge.
I did get two wrong parts in the shipment (from the IL warehouse) that came in 4 or 5 boxes. One part was the correct number on the box, but had some rack and pinion inner tie rod in the box instead and the other part was just the wrong number part. Something like a K408 was supposed to be sent, but they sent an EV408 instead. Just called them right away, chap emailed me a return email that had a link to print a FedEx label and once printed I scheduled the online pick up. Boxed the bits up, labeled them and wrote the info needed on the box as well, put a copy of the return email in it and a copy of the pick sheet showing the parts and a note from me what was the problem with them. Within an hour of Fedex picking up the wrong parts I received a ship notice on the correct ones from RockAuto. They arrived three days later and are correct and ready to go on.

I too have a YearOne catalog and one from Paddock. Not ordered from either yet.

Cheers

Wilcum,

That's amish for welcome, I think?

Ayways, can't wait to see the pics, and good luck wrenching as I think you'll like this site better than most.

Welcome Rusty. Sounds like you have a dandy Abodie man.
Did some one put rear disc brakes on that car. That is very nice.
Hope you take the time to enjoy this great site.

Yep, the guy I bought it from was restoring it for his daughter and he put them (brakes) on it. I can't wait to start wrenching on it.

-
Back