Another Noob from Oz

-

OzzieMozzie

Seasoned Muffdiver
Reaction score
A big G'day to everyone on the FABO forum from Tamworth, Australia. Yes another newbie from down under land. I already know a few of the aussie members on here from our Hemi 6 Pack forum here in oz, "knighty" (Dan), "nqjw" (Ken), "fingers" (Richard). I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys and look forward to conversing with you from time to time on this forum. I've recently imported a '69 Plymouth Barracuda from the US back in April this year. It needs a few cosmetic things fixing but overall I'm happy with the purchase. Currently it is running a 383/727/3.9:1 posi rear, however soon I plan on upsizing the engine to a 440. I've just bought some new 15x9 rear & 15x4 front Centerline Convo pro's for it (not shown in pics). It's a love it or hate it colour I'm afraid. Here's some pics.
PinkBits005-1.jpg

PinkBits006.jpg

PinkBits004.jpg

PinkBits010.jpg

PinkBits003.jpg

PinkBits002.jpg

Here is my daily driver 1965 AP6 Valiant Wayfarer Utility, it took me six months (nights and weekends) to repaint and rebuild it. Here is some before and after pics for you guys.
BEFORE, running a 225 slant, 3spd column shift manual.
ap6ute211006521pmsml.jpg

ap6ute211006813amsml.jpg

ap6ute211006813am5sml.jpg

ap6ute211006813am3sml.jpg

AFTER, now running 225 slant, hemi 4spd floor shift, Tiger mica 2pack paint, 16" Simmons F90 wheels, retractable seatbelts, Holden Commodore bucket seats and more.
ToddsValiants004.jpg

ToddsValiants005.jpg

ToddsValiants008.jpg

ToddsValiants015.jpg

APUteInteriorandebaybits004.jpg

APUteInteriorandebaybits003.jpg

APUteInteriorandebaybits005.jpg

APUteInteriorandebaybits001.jpg

And my project car, 1971 VH Charger base model, which will be getting a Big Block heart transplant in the near future, among other things of course.
Charger014.jpg

Charger016.jpg

Charger017.jpg

Sorry if I got too carried away with the photos, but I know on our forum over here everybody loves pics. Look forward to talking with you all soon.

Welcome to FABO mate!!!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard right now ... what a fabulous collection! NEVER EVER worry about getting "carried away" with posting pictures here ... we all love it and more is always better.

<< just one of the Sheilas around here. :-D

That Wayfarer is one unique-looking vehicle. Nice work.

Welcome!
They should have made those Valiant utes for north america too. I think they would have been a big seller here.
Great project cars you have there by the way, keep us posted and definitely post all the pics you want, we eat 'em up here!:evil4:

welcome to FABO!! you did an awesome job on the Utility, can only imagine what kind of work the Charger will get. and is that the numbers matching 383 for the Barracuda?

Thanks for your kind words Mike, the ute doesn't look quite as good in the metal as it does in photos. I'm only an amateur panel and paint person and when I done the bodywork and paint it was done in third world conditions (so to speak) no spray booth etc. I'm happy with it though as it was only ever going to be my daily driver, but it does turn a lot of heads and gets heaps of good comments from fellow moparians and brand x people alike. The barracuda was originally a 318 car I think, I haven't checked the numbers out yet but now that I've joined this forum I'm sure someone here will be able to decode :read2: them for me or point me in the right direction.

... now that I've joined this forum I'm sure someone here will be able to decode :read2: them for me or point me in the right direction.

<< pointing to the very top of the screen you're looking at now under the lifted front wheels of that Cuda up there in the corner. :-D

Why of course CudaChick.................................................how silly of me not to notice that. #-o

No problem Ozzie!! There's such a vast wealth of information here that sometimes it's hard to find exactly what you're looking for.

I have that same problem in my shop sometimes. :hiding:

welcome ,very nice ute,i wouldnt mind chasing parts in that. If we keep sending cars over there youre gonna have to send us some utes lol. Please take those gm rims off that charger though.look forward to more of your pics.

welcome ,very nice ute,i wouldnt mind chasing parts in that. If we keep sending cars over there youre gonna have to send us some utes lol. Please take those gm rims off that charger though.look forward to more of your pics.

Welcome mate - another aussie on the fabo site - heps of good info here as well - I am aslo on the H6P site.

Daredevil the wheels on teh Charger are standard Chrysler ones - commonly called the sports rim over here. Didn't know that GM US did a similar rim.

Don't worry the rims are getting the flick (not GM though, they're factory sports rims) in favour of Simmons or Weld Wheels. I won't be making a start on the Charger until after Christmas as I've got too much to do between now and then. When I do I'll be posting plenty of pics of it's progress for you blokes and sheila's over there.

Welcome! I want a ute! Snivel, whine, cry!

Not many of the '65 AP6 utes were made and most of them were put to work on farms with no protection and as a result most were rusted pretty badly in the rear areas. I drive all over the state of N.S.W. with my job and they are pretty scarce, I still find the odd one here and there but they require an awful lot of work,. I guess they can all be saved depending on one's motivation and skill or finances, after all "it's only metal". If you're interested in importing an aussie ute one day you'd probably find a VC '67 model ute a lot easier to come by which share's the same rear styling as the '65 but has different front panels, such as this one which I sold recently for AU$ 14000.

ToddsPictures020.jpg

ToddsPictures025.jpg

ToddsPictures028.jpg

ToddsPictures027.jpg

Welcome!!! GREAT cars! I dont think its possible to "get carried away with pics". As far as a paint booth, I figure if you have a garage and garden hose then you have a paint booth. lol. Keep us posted on your progress!

I LOVE THOSE UTES .... Check out that front end...good blend of valiant and barracuda!

G'day all, I made some changes to the cuda yesterday, I changed it from early stud pattern to late stud pattern and put some new wheels on, I'll try to post some pics for everyone later today.

welcome .mate love the ap6 ute good to see some old vals

Hey OzzieMozzie,

Hows it going? It's Pana here. Good to see you on this forum. FABO is sensational for all of us A-Body lefty fans...

Hello from Okalhoma USA!!

You have some nice rides! That utility is flippin' sweet. I didnt know they even made somthing like that. & for no paint booth you did a heck of a good job.

Good on ya' mate. (I think thats how its said & I hope to god its taken as a compliment)...LOL!!

-
Back