Another "Painless" question!!

-

BigSlim

"One Day At a Time"
Reaction score
I am using a Painless 5002 12 curcuit kit to rewire my 67 Barracuda. All is going pretty well however I am having some difficulty with the turn signals and flashers. Does anyone have a schematic of how to connect the painless harness to the Barracuda steering wheel harness? I'm not sure I understand how the flasher switch/system works with all of this.......or if the flashers are even relevant to the turn signal circuits at this time????????

I'd be glad to help, but the Painless site seems to be down. Can you post the pdf destructions for your wiring?

Otherwise, look in the Painless booklet which lists wire numbers colors and functions

EDIT site is back up

I guess you mean 50002 and not 5002?

The destructions:

[ame]http://www.painlesswiring.com/Manuals/50002.pdf[/ame]

Looks like what you need is on pages 9, 10, 11

Refer to the chart, page 11

Brown 14 851 Emergency Flasher Switch B+ Emergency Flasher* Fuse Block
Purple 14 852 Turn Signal Switch Flasher B+ Turn Flasher* Fuse Block
Black 18 853 Horn Switch Ground Horn Relay* Fuse Block
Green 18 848 Turn Signal Switch Right Rear Turn Signal Tail Section
Yellow 18 849 Turn Signal Switch Left Rear Turn Signal Tail Section
Blue 18 825 Turn Signal Switch Right Front Turn Signal Headlight Section A
White 16 818 Turn Signal Switch Brake Switch Engine Section A
Lt.Blu 18 826 Turn Signal Switch Left Front Turn Signal

These are the wires, functions, colors, numbers in the Painless harness. You'll have to match those to your Mopar signal switch, IE refer to your Mopar diagram

You can either use a Mopar diagram, or refer to Painless destructions manual no 10127 (90542), which contains the Mopar wiring colors:

[ame]http://www.painlesswiring.com/Manuals/10127.pdf[/ame]

Go to page 12. The colors on the left side of that chart are the original Mopar colors, which you must match to the Painless stuff above

Wht Stop Light Switch
Tan RF Turn Signal
Grn LF Turn Signal
Brn RR Turn Signal
Grn LR Turn Signaln
Blk Hazard Flasher
Red Turn Flasher
Blk Horn

So in other words, "example" the tan (left front turn), which also feeds the cluster indicator, coming out of the switch, would not connect to the new wire lt blue no 826

Do NOT go by the Painless wire no's in the second manual. Doncha think Painless could've kept the wires the same? !!NO!!

Got It!!!! It seems that the turn signal switch needs to be cleaned after sitting in the barn for 28 years... All is working as it should. Thank You 67 DART and yes especially for someone as electrically challenged as me they could have made it a little easier to work with.

the guy that owns the Hot Rod shop in town swears by Quick Wire.... He won't install a Painless system. In fact before i started this his advice was to sell the Painless kit on Craigs list and get a Quick Wire.

Got It!!!! It seems that the turn signal switch needs to be cleaned after sitting in the barn for 28 years... All is working as it should. Thank You 67 DART and yes especially for someone as electrically challenged as me they could have made it a little easier to work with.

Yer welcome. Post back if ya have more. Sure seems to me those guys are "GM biased." Even the Ferd guys must fell some pain!!

here's a couple of pics of the work in progress...

042.jpg

043.jpg

054.jpg

-
Back