Another power to manual question.

-

slipyoke

Reaction score
sorry if this is a newb question but i couldn't really find the answers i was looking for searching on here.

I am redoing the front suspension on my 76 duster all new bushings, sway bar, shocks, the whole deal. witch of coarse has turned into replacing the front brake lines as well. i figured i would convert her to manual brakes while im at it. shed some weight, make the brake lines a little easier to get to. plus my engine is fairly loppey so its not getting a lot of vacume anyway.

i removed the mc and booster as well as the bracket. i thought you could just bolt the mc right to the fire wall. but the brake pedal lever? sticks out a ways. is there a bracket out there i need to get as well as a push rod? if so could you guys point me in the right direction? will i need a new distribution block as well? thanks a lot.

Maybe post a "mechanical parts wanted" ad for a manual brake ( pedal to master ) push rod? If that doesn't bare fruit, aftermarket push rods are out there, some adjustable.

Ok thanks. A member messaged me. He has the parts I need.

I have a 75 Duster w/ factory front Discs and a 8 3/4 rear with drums. Same situation as above. Can I reuse the existing M/C, remove the booster and get the correct push rod? Where can I get one or an adjustable one?

-
Back