Another pulley question

-

Dartvader440gt

Reaction score
Since I've got my 360 in the car I was originally going with a 5 1/4" water pump pully. My 360 has the older cast iron WP to match my radiator. The bottom hose is on the drivers side. I'm looking at all the aftermarket crank pulleys and none are for the earlier drivers side lower rad hose. The one crank pulley I had that would line up with the ps pump is too large and interferes with the wp pulley. I think it's from an AC car. Is there an aftermarket 2 groove crank pulley for the older pre 1970 waterpump? The one I have is 1 1/8" backspacing. Or if someone has one for sale?

You need to use a complete set of pulleys and brackets from a '69 and earlier model. Mixing '70 and newer parts with the '69 and older parts just doesn't work correctly. If you don't have A/C, you need to get a non-A/C setup also. None of the A/C brackets and pulleys are the same as the non-A/C version except for maybe the P/S brackets on some models/years.

Since I've got my 360 in the car I was originally going with a 5 1/4" water pump pully. My 360 has the older cast iron WP to match my radiator. The bottom hose is on the drivers side. I'm looking at all the aftermarket crank pulleys and none are for the earlier drivers side lower rad hose. The one crank pulley I had that would line up with the ps pump is too large and interferes with the wp pulley. I think it's from an AC car. Is there an aftermarket 2 groove crank pulley for the older pre 1970 waterpump? The one I have is 1 1/8" backspacing. Or if someone has one for sale?
A/C cars have a three-groove crank pulley, two groove wp pulley, and two groove generator pulley. Non-A/C cars have only two belts - a two groove crank pulley, single groove wp pulley, and single groove generator pulley. One tip - the P/S pulley can be bent at least an inch forward, and one inch backward to help with alignment.

Last edited:
Ok I found a 62-69 crank pulley online. Just ordered it. 2 groove, power steering non AC. We'll see how it goes.

I have all the pulley's $60 each . $23 for the ride no matter how many you buy as long as it all fits in a flat rate box. sets of three for $140. excellent cond. Clean ready to install.

I have all the pulley's $60 each . $23 for the ride no matter how many you buy as long as it all fits in a flat rate box. sets of three for $140. excellent cond. Clean ready to install.
If the Ebay one is a dud then I may hit you up on that offer.

No
IS there a difference in the 360 harmonic balancer thickness compared to the 273/318/340?
As far as where the pulley mounting surface is no. Only the Fluidamper's are thicker.. If you use a Fluidamper on a aluminum water pump engine 1970 and newer. You would use a 1969 and earlier lower crank pulley so the alignment is correct. I have seen the 1969 and earlier pullies use on the 1970 and later dampers with a spacer. They are smaller and act as an underdrive.

DSCN0169[1].jpg

-
Back