Another radio question

-

'72 Swinger

Reaction score
My AM/FM does not work amazing after 44 years. I'm thinking maybe two bluetooth speakers under the bench seat. using an ipad to bluetooth from. Anyone have a similar setup?????

My AM/FM does not work amazing after 44 years. I'm thinking maybe two bluetooth speakers under the bench seat. using an ipad to bluetooth from. Anyone have a similar setup?????

hmm...that's kinda interesting. all you need is a 12 volt amp and two 6x9 and a bluetooth input. That has me thinking.

Just need a mini amp that runs off 9 to 18 volt range DC and has bluetooth. Lepai (it's a import brand, but not bad actually) might have something that will work.

Time to start Googling. ;)

So this got me thinking about car amplifiers with bluetooth already built-in, but the only ones I found were Kicker brand and it didn't seem that great.

They have two models:

Kicker PXiBT50.2
Kicker PXIBT100.2

I'm thinking of cobbling up a bluetooth receiver with a low cost 4 or 5 channel amplifier to power 4 speakers or 4 speakers + a subwoofer.

My goal is to keep it around 200 bucks including speakers. I'll see what I come up with.

there has been threat on here before about a person who rebuilds old radios, to allow them to remain stock looking, but with bluetoot and what not build in

personally, I have this radio
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s...ash=item35fbc15dd0:g:JU0AAOSwg8FVAmX3&vxp=mtr

only with the black font instead of chrome, I like it

Yes, that's a nice option but it's pretty expensive. I believe it's in the 400.00 dollar range, if not more. I'm just trying to add some tunes as inexpensively as possible.

theres a radio repair service in mt. juliet tn., call r and b radio repair, they will take am or am/fm factory radio and add a usb for flashdrive and make it bluetooth, also put a new pigtail for 4 speaker system, dont remember for sure think 300 watt, and 1 year guara,ntee, little pricey, about $400, they have a web page,thats the route im going with a factory am a body radio.

Stay away from retrosound, id spend 100 bucks on a nice head unit, mount it in the glove box and run 2 channels to 2 6x9's the head units have a built in mini amp and will be plenty for 6x9's. Id recommend a alpine head unit

Wanna hear a rockin' Bluetooth speaker... Harmon-Kardon Onyx Studio is it.
Amazing sound from something about half the size of a basketball.

-
Back