Another reason I like old Mopars...

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
They where the only cars that you actually put the ignition key in right side up.. Everybody else had to put theirs in upside down... Geesh...:wack:

My favorite for old mopars is the pushbutton automatic shifting. Once again Chrysler was way ahead of technology.

Having to check the auto trans fluid level in neutral and not park, loads of fun if your parking brake isn't working. Not all of old Mopar ideas were for the best but yeah, its why we love our older Mopars.

Maybe this thread should been called, its not a true old Mopar if.......

I like the windshield washer foot pump! ..i don't think they were ahead of there time on this option tho, haha

I like the windshield washer foot pump! ..i don't think they were ahead of there time on this option tho, haha

'Least they didn't use the spare tire air like VeeDub, LOL You could buy those foot pump "accessory" washers as an add--on, my Dad used to sell them in the NAPA store where he worked. I remember very young, around '54 or so, we had one in our 51? Ford, had a GLASS washer bottle, and had a little bracket under the hood for a separate little bottle of antifreeze you were supposed to dump into the washer jar in cold wx.

I like how we can use starters from V8's on our /6 mapars, and many parts from the mid 90'es back auto trunk releases, strait bolt ups with no modes required :D

Ah yes and it I wasted three lug nuts and studs before I figured out the reverse thing!

-
Back