Another Reason why u should NEVER line up next to an IMPORT

What is the preferred rear end for your Race Mopar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We avoid them like the plague at our local track.
To many close calls and way too many wrecks for these Cars.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6_LNjWLJWo"]GTR CRASHES STREET RACING - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• dart - IMP.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 796
Damn that sucks, but unfortunately that's the risk you take anytime you line up at the track or street. Obviously that person didn't know how to race to drive that kind of car. Sorry about the dart. Badly damaged?

There was an incident in northern MN where a GTR crossed lanes and hit an A body mopar. The GTR came to the shop I used to work at, I helped test fit a new quarter panel on that Nissan, it was tuned up to around 1,000 hp allegedly. Maybe they all get squerrly when they are cranked up in hp?

I just realized this was the car I was talking about, found another video of it from the other side of the track. [ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0vY8AtTck[/ame].

Just damn,hopefully no one was hurt. I'll keep that fact tucked away...

Those cars are all wheel drive and insanely fast when tuned. This is more of a lesson for no prep racing. If that would have been on a sticky prepped track it likely wouldn't have happened.

Those cars are all wheel drive and insanely fast when tuned. This is more of a lesson for no prep racing. If that would have been on a sticky prepped track it likely wouldn't have happened.

Doogie,you have a point.. The underlying problem: someone really doesn't understand, what weaponry they are driving.Just because you have traction control, computer controlled throttle,.. doesn't make up for a better person with experience & judgement. I have seen nasty stuff wreck on back roads,it's ugly as hell.(It's not the traditional pushrod guys...).

I almost had my Dart taken out by an Hyundai last October. I was traveling down Rt 8 near where I live (close to Pittsburgh, Pa) when this Hyundai with the blow hole, fart can exhaust comes flying out of a side street almost hitting the Dart. He wanted to race so badly (obviously he had no idea what he was up against) that he almost got it in the driver's side door. I was about ready to kill him right there but I kept my cool and settled it at the light. Pulled 6 car lenghts on him before letting off! Guess the trick exhaust didn't help any. This is typically what you get anymore, some pimple faced kid in an import wanting to race and USUALLY with no experience and no regard for safety. I usually just go long enough to let them know they're outclassed. LOL

One of the biggest reason we don't go to test and tunes they're usually floooded with "jap crap"..every other one spiting out a front axle having to wait numerous times for them to clean up the track..thats why i only attend nostalgia events..no "jap" or new crap allowed:violent1::violent1::violent1:

this wouldn't have been an issue if that dart would have just made it out of the gate quicker and gotten in front of the ricer before it went sideways

of course, don't ricers think going sideways is how you race anyway?

this wouldn't have been an issue if that dart would have just made it out of the gate quicker and gotten in front of the ricer before it went sideways

of course, don't ricers think going sideways is how you race anyway?

Was he sand bagging to real more suckers in?

Damn that sucks, but unfortunately that's the risk you take anytime you line up at the track or street. Obviously that person didn't know how to race to drive that kind of car. Sorry about the dart. Badly damaged?

Not mine, Matt.
Good thing, Ida been in Jail...but then there's NO WAY I woulda raced a Hemi Dart with an Import. Guy is probably inexperienced.

There was an incident in northern MN where a GTR crossed lanes and hit an A body mopar. The GTR came to the shop I used to work at, I helped test fit a new quarter panel on that Nissan, it was tuned up to around 1,000 hp allegedly. Maybe they all get squerrly when they are cranked up in hp?

Stay away from those GD Imports, CD...they'll rot your brain. Soon you'll be droppin an LS Motor in your Mopar...next step "The Insane Asylum".

Attachments

• cord.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 619
I almost had my Dart taken out by an Hyundai last October. I was traveling down Rt 8 near where I live (close to Pittsburgh, Pa) when this Hyundai with the blow hole, fart can exhaust comes flying out of a side street almost hitting the Dart. He wanted to race so badly (obviously he had no idea what he was up against) that he almost got it in the driver's side door. I was about ready to kill him right there but I kept my cool and settled it at the light. Pulled 6 car lenghts on him before letting off! Guess the trick exhaust didn't help any. This is typically what you get anymore, some pimple faced kid in an import wanting to race and USUALLY with no experience and no regard for safety. I usually just go long enough to let them know they're outclassed. LOL

This Dart is one that commands respect. You've got cahonies the size of Walnuts driving this on the Street...but obviously, you know your limitations. Can you post some pics please. Or send a link...I gotta see this thing. :twisted:

Great video, but where is the poll for Ford 8.8? It's no slouch! :wack:

With all the great aftermarket parts out there, you can pretty much build any V8 type rear end. The 8.8 is a sleeper...lightweight and cheap, plentiful parts. Used to be nobody even went near the 8.8, in place of the 9, but they found that lighter rear ends improve ET. You can even build up the 8 1/4 to race specs nowadays.

One of the biggest reason we don't go to test and tunes they're usually floooded with "jap crap"..every other one spiting out a front axle having to wait numerous times for them to clean up the track..thats why i only attend nostalgia events..no "jap" or new crap allowed:violent1::violent1::violent1:

Yup, this Video occurred at a Test & Tune.
You nailed that one...me too on the Nostalgia Stuff, CANT BEAT IT.

Attachments

• imp-3A.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 546
IMO it was more about where they were racing than what they were racing.

What on Earth does this thread and the poll have in common?

maybe one should be ahead of them when they stupid out!

-
Back