Another seeker for Brake Coversion info

-

6d8gtjag

Reaction score
Hey outthere, I really need some solid input on what I'm about to get done on my 68 dodge dart gt.
The car has 14 inch rims, 4 inch bolt pattern, 10 inch drums with the original rallye wheels.
I purchased a disc brake conversion kit from scarebird brakes for the front only.
I know that I will have to purchase a tamdum master cylinder and proportioning valve from the local auto parts store.

My concern is: Is there anything else that Iam missing here?

ANY help is very much appreciated. I have read up on the manual written by Tom Condran and some pretty helpful stuff from the Mopar page. Thanks:read2:

Hey outthere, I really need some solid input on what I'm about to get done on my 68 dodge dart gt.
The car has 14 inch rims, 4 inch bolt pattern, 10 inch drums with the original rallye wheels.
I purchased a disc brake conversion kit from scarebird brakes for the front only.
I know that I will have to purchase a tamdum master cylinder and proportioning valve from the local auto parts store.

My concern is: Is there anything else that Iam missing here?

ANY help is very much appreciated. I have read up on the manual written by Tom Condran and some pretty helpful stuff from the Mopar page. Thanks:read2:

nope. sounds like you got it. that book is great.

Thanks for the reply. I checked out classicsbysteve, very cool cars. Once lived in California, Long Beach, San Clamente, Oceanside, Compton. Its been awhile. Now live in the South.

i did the scarebird conversion on my 68 car and only did the correct (disc)
master cylinder. had a valve but never used it. remember, bleeder valve@top.
there are some parts you take to your machine shop guy. if your studs are swedged on, cut the lip off the back aand knock it thru the hub towards the outside, if you try and knock the swedged type thru towards inboard, the increased size of the swedge will mess up the hole diameter for the new studs

mrbill00, how does the scarebird conversion work? Is it all new parts in their kit? What parts are in the kit anyways besides the rotors? I went to their site, but it doesnt have much info. I want to change my 71 scamp's front drums to discs and the kit seems like a great deal....just wondering if you could help me out here a bit and give me your input before i go calling them about their products

-
Back