Another this or that opinion question...Challenger, daily drive or sunny

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
A buddy and I have an ongoing argument:

You suddenly get a windfall. You get a new Challenger, free and clear. You pick the options, color, etc. For the sake of the discussion, it is completely paid for, and you have to keep it, no selling it buy something else. Maybe you had a wierd uncle that set the rules.

Would you:
A: Bring it out on perfect weather days only. No rain, no snow, absolute and total nice weather car...

B: Drive it ALL THE TIME. It might stay home during known snow storms, but drive it every day. Screw the rain, put on the miles and enjoy...

I am definately a B. I would shoot to be the first person with 250K miles on it. Yes, it would be meticulously maintained, waxed, wash, etc, but I personally couldn't let a car like that sit...

Corrosion protection is so much better now. Rain shouldn't hurt it. It would be a driver in all but the worst weather.

You'd better drive it daily at least untill the warrantee is done as I guareentee it will have issues that you dont want to have to pay for, that is what a Warrantee is for in the first place, I bought a brand new Charger 2007 RT at the end of 2007, (I know its a 4 door) anyway if i would have put it in the garage and not driven it, I would of had to pay for new (4) tie rod ends they went out at 25,000, and a new fuel pump/sending unit, that was $1400.00 in parts and labor, SOOOOO drive it!!! IMO

Have a buddy that paid cash for a 2010 srt chally. It stud outside year round and drives it all the time in just about any weather. Hey that's what they were built for.

I would drive it daily, i cant stand to let a car sit, worst thing you can do to it besides let is sit under a tree in the weather.

Little related story, a guy i know, bought a 70 Super bee brand new. Drove it for a yr and put 30,000 miles on it, and put it away, i have known him for about a yr, and have never seen the car, never drives it ever, a lot of other guys, who know him, have never seen the car.

Flash to 2006, he buys a new Daytona brand new. I was talking to him about it, in 5 yrs, he has never turned the headlights on, or turned the wipers on he says, in Seattle, now thats restraint, i could never do it. With either car.

I'd drive the piss out of it. :mrgreen:

Why you say, because they were already exposed to the elements before you even bought it :toothy10:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 59
  • 1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 69
-
Back