Another torsion bar question.

-

73340sport

Reaction score
What size torsion bars would a guy use when using XHD springs in the rear and running a small block 340 for street use? .890 or .920?

Both would work well. If it's a street car running mostly stock suspension and 14" or 15" tires I would go with the .890 bars.

alot of guys are using bigger bars to bring their rides up to newer car handling. 1.0 bars are common now and from what i've heard work well with the xhd rear springs. I have 1.06 bars on my car and i love 'em. my 2 cents

Depends on what you're planning on using the car for, what you're looking for out of the car, and your own personal preferences. "Street" use means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

That said, I wouldn't run anything less than .92". I have 1" bars for both of my Darts, and run 1.12" bars in my Challenger.

If you're just planning a street cruiser, the .92" bars will be fine. If you want to get to a place where you're starting to perform well turning corners, I'd look to 1" bars. XHD's are on the high end of the spring rates you'd want to run in the back for optimal road handling, 1" bars in the front would be a pretty good match. I wouldn't put a set of .89" bars on the front with XHD's on the back, you'll be undersprung in the front compared to the back. Not unlike how the factory set these cars up, but I'm guessing you're trying to do better than factory.

Thanks guys I think I will go with 1 inch bars.

If your not in a rush, the last two years around Christmas just suspension has put their 1" bars on sale for like $159 a pair. I'm buying another set if they do it again this year.

If your not in a rush, the last two years around Christmas just suspension has put their 1" bars on sale for like $159 a pair. I'm buying another set if they do it again this year.

That's when I bought my bars. I think it was actually their introductory price when I bought mine, but I've seen them at this price on eBay a couple of times, Just Suspension has their own eBay account. Definitely a great idea if you don't need them tomorrow...

Now i find this interesting:hello2: just last week you guysssssss was helping me with the XHD rear springs for the dart but know one said anything about changing the T barssssssssssss what up.

Now i find this interesting:hello2: just last week you guysssssss was helping me with the XHD rear springs for the dart but know one said anything about changing the T barssssssssssss what up.

all depends what you want from the car.

Ok got it,my car is not going to be a G Machine.

Yeah the XHD's can be used just fine on their own. But, to have your spring rates matched up, 1" t-bars would go pretty well with XHD's. For that matter, 1" bars are just fine with the stock rear springs, the front of these cars are pretty undersprung from the factory, while the rear borders on oversprung. Especially if coupled with the stock bars. Putting on a set of XHD's and not doing anything in the front won't really change your handling that much from what it already is, but matching them to 1" front bars would do a lot to improve things. Even the .92 bars would be an improvement if you've got smaller stock bars than that.

-
Back