another upper control arm question.

-

johnb

Reaction score
After installing new bushings from a PST kit it seems the front bushings on both sides are a little to wide to fit into the slot on the frame rail. How much pounding should it take to get them in. The rear bushings go right in.

How much is "a little"? Make sure you got the right bushings in the right spot and that they're seated all the way in. Every upper A arm I've installed fought me. My experience is that their tight and some persuasion is needed. Use a plastic dead blow or big rubber mallet so you don't bang up your piece.

How much is "a little"? Make sure you got the right bushings in the right spot and that they're seated all the way in. Every upper A arm I've installed fought me. My experience is that their tight and some persuasion is needed. Use a plastic dead blow or big rubber mallet so you don't bang up your piece.
They're in the right spot and seated all the way. I'm pretty sure with a dead blow or rubber mallet they'll go in. Just wasn't sure if that should be needed. Thanks......

Just get a large crescent wrench and gently spread out the ears till it fits in Ez PZ.

-
Back