Another What's it worth

-

dusterny

Reaction score
I have a 22inch radiator # 2898033 which is for 68 abody with BB. This was a two core but was recored to a three core. Both tanks are like new. I would be looking to sell it but not a clue as to what to ask.

I'd be interested more if there was a price listed abd a picture or two of it. I have a Be Cool in my car now which works perfectly, but I don't like the way it looks.

George

Probably up to $1000 to the right buyer….

When you need a #s radiator for a BB a-body…. You pay whatever you have to. They simply are not around anymore.

We recently sold one on the bay for $500.00 and saw another at a Mopar only auction go for $900.00. I'd say somewhere in between there in the present economy. Good luck with the sale, Geof

Wow, Buck, if you can find the buyer for it you just hit a small lottery. Good luck with it. (In the meantime George is snapping his fingers, going, "Damn, he didn't know!" :-D Sorry, George, just pickin.')

I bought one for a 67 a while back, I think I paid $750. I bought it to replace the 69 rad in it and the idea was to sell that, but now it seems that would be stupid if I ever had to replace it I'd be in trouble.
The truth is I wish I was half the Mopar hoarder some people are.

The one we sold was in a 67 Dart that a friend rescued in Chicago. This car was a small block 273 car with a 7 1/4 suregrip. We sold it on a buy it now on the bay for $500.00, as we always try to be fair to the person in need. Yea, keep it if you need it, but send it along to a person in need if you don't. Good luck, Geof

No sweat here. I'm NOT looking for any numbers on this car, just looking for a radiator for my 440 Dart that looks like a Mopar radiator. I've seen new ones on eBarf that will work for me for about $200 and I'll probably go with one of those and sell the Be Cool one I have.

As far as worth on the rad in question....I can't offer any advice other than this.....when I was looking for a plastic fan shroud for my old 69 340 car, I was shocked to see that they sold for $200 alone. No way I would ever pay that for one, but I ended up getting one as part of the deal with this convertible I bought. Anyway, long story short a fellow FABO guy needed it, and I sold the shroud and a decent radiator for a 67 273 car to him for $200 TOTAL. It made him happy, and I got some coin in my pocket.

Just because something is WORTH a certain amount of money, doesn't mean you HAVE to sell it for that much. Sometimes making someone else happy is worth more than the cash.

Good Luck with the sale dusterny, I hope you do well.
Merry Christmas!

George

I sold a #2949065 69 BB A-body radiator, needing a recore, several yrs. ago for $700.

Just an FYI, you can buy an exact reproduction of the #2898033 radiator from Glen-ray Radiators, Inc. in Wausau, WI. for around $1200. Date coding it is another $60. This radiator is a licensed mopar authentic restoration product.

A very nice undented one that needs a re-core is worth 625.00 to 675.00. A perfect one re-cored is worth close to 1000.00. At least that is what I had to give for the last two I bought.

This radiator was given to me by a good friend who was helping me out. The information I have gotten here has been most valuable to me. I have just a driver car that is a slant and getting parts together for a 360 swap. My friend has lost his job and is going through some tough times right now. I called him yesterday and let him know what a valuable piece the radiator is. I am giving it back to him so he can sell on ebag or mopar collecters guide. If he just wants to put it on FABO for a reasonable price I will let you guys know.

I bought a recored radiator from hear on this site.68 bigblock radiator shiped to me from canada,125.00 + 40.00 shipping.

That's what I was thinking!
I've seen these things go for big bucks, the BB radiators- consistently.

This radiator was given to me by a good friend who was helping me out. The information I have gotten here has been most valuable to me. I have just a driver car that is a slant and getting parts together for a 360 swap. My friend has lost his job and is going through some tough times right now. I called him yesterday and let him know what a valuable piece the radiator is. I am giving it back to him so he can sell on ebag or mopar collecters guide. If he just wants to put it on FABO for a reasonable price I will let you guys know.

dusterny, that's a class thing to do for your friend. Good for you!
FABO people are the BEST!!

-
Back