[WANTED] Antenna ? A body

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what i currently have. I cant tell if there are threads inside, doesnt seem like any screws I have catch any threads. if I stick a nail down, it stops after about 1 inch.

ant - 1.jpg

Last edited:
This is what i currently have. I cant tell if there are threads inside, doesnt seem like any screws I have catch any threads. if I stick a nail down, it stops after about 1 inch.

View attachment 1714972891

Here is one from a 66 Dart I parted out and the same as one from my 65 Barracuda - both telescoping.
image.jpg

This one is not telescopic. If you want this one I can send it. If you want a telescoping one I understand that too.

If it does, it's really frozen in place. I did not want to try and force it as it is going back in the Barracuda. If you are looking for one, I think I have another antenna just like the one in my picture; however, IIRC someone decided to just cut the cable rather than removing it properly.

I wonder, does the cable screw onto the bottom of the mast? Or is it perm connected? and how the heck do you get inside the fender? Do you have to remove the door to get at the backside of the ant.? hummm... My antenna is currently connected and everything is working, except AM is pretty shoddy. And I hate seeing the car missing the antenna.

I wonder, does the cable screw onto the bottom of the mast? Or is it perm connected? and how the heck do you get inside the fender? Do you have to remove the door to get at the backside of the ant.? hummm... My antenna is currently connected and everything is working, except AM is pretty shoddy. And I hate seeing the car missing the antenna.

It appears that the cable is does not unscrew from the base. Remove the rear splash shield and you should have plenty of access to the antenna. During the day AM doesn't work too well unless the station is close by; at night one can pick up all sorts of stations all over the US. I was bench testing an 71-76 style AM/FM and couldn't get nothing during the day. At night I was picking up Boston, Chicago, St Louis to name a few from here near Washington DC. And this was in my basement and not outside!

That makes sense, seeing as AM is not Line of Sight (which FM is). During the day all that bandwidth is getting gobbled up by everyone and their devices. Night time must slow down out that way.
I have a new radio/CD player, which is getting good reception for AM, until I go into a parking structure and then it totally disappears.

Telescoping thru the 1971 model year.

Single mast, new for '72.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back