AntiFreeze on the Intake?

-
RRR,
The pipe sealant you refer too that fails, is it a liquid or a paste?
I have been using Loctite 567 Pipe Sealant for many years, tooth paste like consistency, & have never had a leak. I DO clean all the surfaces first with lacquer thinner.

Was there anything still in the disconected heater core that could of sloshed out?

Any idea where the leak is coming from? Warm the engine up with a pressure tester on the radiator and test it. Hard to fix a issue until you know where it's leaking from.

Have you ever pulled an oil pan off a Ford engine with just the Ford grey RTV holding it on with no gasket? That stuff, once cured, you can take the bolts out and throw them on the ground. I've had to use putty knives and pry bars to remove them before. That's some wicked stuff. But it does NOT leak.

Similar experience with Caterpillar gasket sealer :lol:

RRR,
The pipe sealant you refer too that fails, is it a liquid or a paste?
I have been using Loctite 567 Pipe Sealant for many years, tooth paste like consistency, & have never had a leak. I DO clean all the surfaces first with lacquer thinner.

Liquid. In the tube.

I couldn't duplicate it today...
I tightened the Intake cold this morning, about a third turn on each.
Did a lil Spirited run thru 85 degrees on the backroads and it's dry today.

zipper are you still leaking or did you get it buttoned-up ?
Hasn't leaked again.
It was only One time, after I drove it hard on a hot day... a put a wrench on the Intake bolts but they barely moved.
Must've been the Antifreeze Gremlin.

-
Back