Antique Green Vinyl Top

-

71 Scamp

Sick Boy
Reaction score
Is my vinyl top "Antique Green"? My fender tag says it's V1F. Could someone post a pic of their "Antique Green" vinyl top car for me?

scamp 1.jpg

scamp roof1.jpg

Call legendary Interiors and see if they can send you material samples. They do it with Carpet, Im sure they will with tops too.

:munky2:HAY guys i have been looking for 72 scamp tail lights for awhile now. Can any one help me with my search???( limetwist)

Mine was also before I removed it, I think it is just called GREEN. But could be wrong.

I had a 68 Charger R/T and it had an antique green vinyl to. Looks like the same to me, I'll post some picks, if I have them when I get home from work.

:munky2:HAY guys i have been looking for 72 scamp tail lights for awhile now. Can any one help me with my search???( limetwist)

Most of the repro places carry new ones but they are kinda pricey.
I got new ones for my Scamp from the Paddock.

I don't think having over 500 posts already qualifies me to be the Post Police

anyone "diplomatic" out there

I took Adam's advice and got a sample from Legendary. The vinyl looks to be the same color but there is black in the grooves. I like it. I wonder if my top originally had black in the boars grain grooves. It might have just faded over the years.

Here's a scan of the sample they sent... that's a staple in the center.

vinyl top sample.jpg

The pics I've seen on eBay of the Antique Green tops look a few shades lighter. Is that what looks strange to you? Or is it the black in the grooves?

The black is what I find strange. Maybe they were like that when new and were just use to seeing old faded tops ?

-
Back