Any 10 second "All Throttle" 318's in door cars ?

-
125mph give or take and the wildest gear that can accomplish that is a 4.56... this is a request to run sub-7.0 in the eighth. 5.38+ gears and transbrake needed for that but will fail to make in another 660 feet before finding the rev limiter. This will only be accomplished with large port heads and nearly a 7K RPM power peak. I do however wish you luck, but this goal won't land in the realm of a NA "street 318" at 3,000lbs. Not to sound like the peanut gallery but... a 360 will do it with less head/gear/money while still getting milkshakes after and you know that! haha

125mph give or take and the wildest gear that can accomplish that is a 4.56... this is a request to run sub-7.0 in the eighth. 5.38+ gears and transbrake needed for that but will fail to make in another 660 feet before finding the rev limiter. This will only be accomplished with large port heads and nearly a 7K RPM power peak. I do however wish you luck, but this goal won't land in the realm of a NA "street 318" at 3,000lbs. Not to sound like the peanut gallery but... a 360 will do it with less head/gear/money while still getting milkshakes after and you know that! haha
where did you get the numbers ? "street 318" ? I'm a little confused. I have no "real" goals or numbers. I only posted "asking for 10 second NA 318's builds" to try and pull in some wild builds (if out there) and ween out the "600 holley/340 cam" 318's.

Last edited:
I could build a 10 sec 318 in a 3000# car, I believe the OP could if he spent the coin to do so.
Enough of the 360 or stroker B.S..
The OP is interested in the 318 for this current project he's working on.

I could build a 10 sec 318 in a 3000# car, I believe the OP could if he spent the coin to do so.
Enough of the 360 or stroker B.S..
The OP is interested in the 318 for this current project he's working on.
Yep, I have the parts I have, including the 318. :)

I'm looking for a guy named Tony sells junk 318s that even after you hone them for 4 hours they smoke enough that I could rent the car to pink Floyd as a smoke machine on their next world tour... :lol:

Playing with the calculators..... Online calculator says 447 hp to run 10.99 in a 3000 lbs car ..... That would be with the ideal converter and gears, I get that.
So is the question 447 hp obtainable? That is 1.4 hp per cubic inch. I would think yes.
These numbers! You said in post 102 you didn’t want a “race engine” and wanted use pump gas, while using 3000lbs to calculate the needed power. I thought you were wanting to build something to run down there @ 10.99! Knowing now that isn’t the goal here; Yes, you could take a 2500lb car that runs 8s pull its 14:1 R5/W9 422 and slow it down to 10.99 with a top notch 318 sure. My mistake, I was wishful thinking you were building one!

These numbers! You said in post 102 you didn’t want a “race engine” and wanted use pump gas, while using 3000lbs to calculate the needed power. I thought you were wanting to build something to run down there @ 10.99! Knowing now that isn’t the goal here; Yes, you could take a 2500lb car that runs 8s pull its 14:1 R5/W9 422 and slow it down to 10.99 with a top notch 318 sure. My mistake, I was wishful thinking you were building one!
You must have skipped the first 75 post ? LOL :poke: First page, Post 5 and 19 clarified I am not seeking 10's and post 23 stated I'm not too worried about street manners. I am "90%" sure I will build this 318. But I have no goals, really. What I build may go 13.50 or 11 flat. I have no idea. I just know the parts I have laying around and that they will bolt on to the engine that has been on the stand :)

Last edited:
been saving parts couple years now and might take a couple more to finish but wanta put a 318 in a 73 duster and run 7.49 in the 8th N/A and 6.00 with a lil spray. most folks on here talk 1/4 mile but closest 1/4 mile track is 2 1/2 hours to the rock,...but got 3 1/8th mile tracks withing 1 hour drive, piedmont, roxboro and the farm.... just a poor boy with poor ways scrimping and scraping for one of these days!!! and when i do itll have tags and insurance and see street time as well....DWB

-
Back