Any 408 Magnums out there???

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Was having a hard time trying to figure out witch block to stroke. After having the 360 Mag cleaned an magged it is plenty thick enough to bore .030 and stroke if i choose to go that route. Anyone have a mag stroker? If so what is your combo and what kind of power are you getting out of it? Im thinking 9.5-10:1, forged assembly, RHS mag heads, not quite sure on cam or roller rocker choice. My mind is pretty open for suggestions.

since you are using rhs mag heads which are the same as rhs La heads,,,there really no difference except the magnum will allow the use of a hydraulic roller cam for a lot less...

roller rockers...hughes makes a very nice set for magnum heads (rhs magnum head too) ...actually they are like a shaft rocker...

Mine is a magnum, ported hughes edelbrock heads, no claim on horsepower my time was with 323 gears. Just put 391 back in it today !!! what a difference.

I'm running Magnum heads (Hughes iron Ram) on an LA block. Hydraulic cam. HP and torque in sig are when it was fresh, but it's loosened up some and dropped over 1/4 second in the 1/8 since it was new. About half the ET improvement was from getting the suspension dialed in better, the rest from the motor loosening up.

I'm running Magnum heads (Hughes iron Ram) on an LA block. Hydraulic cam. HP and torque in sig are when it was fresh, but it's loosened up some and dropped over 1/4 second in the 1/8 since it was new. About half the ET improvement was from getting the suspension dialed in better, the rest from the motor loosening up.
What kind of flow #s on your heads? Im shooting for 500 HP/TQ

I'm also interested in some info here, debating between using X heads, J heads, or magnum heads on my 408. Have all 3 available but the magnums can be had the cheapest. Seems like a good bang for the buck option.

My 408 is built on a 92 360 magnum clock. Eddy Performer RPM heads now. Here is what I have:

1992 Magnum block
Scat 4” stroke crank
Diamond flat top pistons 11.8:1 compression
Total seal rings
Engine Pro main, rod and cam bearings
Fluid dampner
Cloyes double roller timing set
Cometic head gaskets
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads – gasket matched and ported
Smith Bros. push rods
Comp 1.5 ratio shaft mount billet roller rockers
Comp hydraulic roller lifters
Comp cam
242/248 dur @ .050,.3660/.3630 lift @ .050,112 degree lobe sep. 549/544 gross valve lift
Comp valve springs, retainers, keepers and locators
ARP head studs
ARP bolts used throughout
Melling high volume oil pump
Edelbrock RPM air gap intake
MSD Pro Billet distributor
Bronze distributor gear
Taylor wires and looms
NGK plugs
Edelbrock 800 cfm carburetor with electric choke
Mopar MSD 6 ignition box
Blaster2 coil
Adjustable rev limiter
Mopar Performance valve covers
TTi step headers
2 ½ “ exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers

What kind of flow #s on your heads? Im shooting for 500 HP/TQ

.100" 67
.200" 127
.300" 187
.350" 220
.400" 241
.450" 268
.500" 285
.550" 296
.600" 298
.650" 299
.700" 300

Those numbers are with 2.055 valves. Brian at IMM Engines can get you just as good with a set of RHS heads for quite a bit less than I paid.

A good friend has me building a Scamp for him that he has an Indy Magnum engine that was dynoe'd at just over 500hp.But with the Mod man intake now having N2O added and set to shoot another 250hp at it.
I am hoping to try this set up out this summer,should have a real good kick in the a$$.

Attachments

• 000_3676.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 000_3861.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 157
-
Back