any 750 street demon reviews?

-

lil red

Reaction score
I know I've asked this question a couple months ago, but I'm just looking for some updates or testimonials.

I bought a 670 street avenger last season, and I'd like to change to the new street demon but curious about its performance before I shell out more money for another carb

thanks for any info fabo

Jim

Don't know how much help it will be, but I have the 750 Speed Demon on the Scamp and it performs pretty well. Easy to tune, fires right up, idles nicely, has plenty of top end power. Adjusted it the last weekend, and rechecked the timing (off a bit) and got her up to 19" of vacuum and is now getting 11 mpg (up from 7.5).

I have had 2 a 650 speed demon and a 825 mighty demon.I liked both.Not a pro racer just a hot rod guy here,Kevin.

There was one for sale here and another guy said he hated his but I dont know if it was the square one. They sure look....unique.

Hi Red, I can tell you the 625cfm "Street demon" has been awesome on my 360 Magnum Crate. I have the polymer base unit. Let me give you my specs:
1998/99 Mopar Performance 360/300hp/375ftlbs Magum Crate Engine
Edelbrock RPM Airgap Intake
1 5/8" Long Tube Headers to 2 1/2" duals with "H" pipe
727 w/shift kit
8 3/4" 3.55s detroit true trac
625cfm DEMON "Street Demon" polymer base carb
It's pushing 320HP on the conservative side, go's like a raped ape.
The thing that sold me on it was the big block dyno that pulled over 450HP. Plenty of breathing room for my motor.
Sooo easy to tune...car purrs like a kitten...and roars like a lion.
I did have an issue with my first carb, the secondary air door locking threads broke right off the casting on an adjustment, after an ignition change. I called Demon, they told me to send it back then sent me a brand new one. This was after a year on the car. The beautiful part is the new carbs come through with larger primary jets than the original units.
I have to say I was highly impressed.

Nothing but good things to say. 625 on 318, Comp XE256H cam, Ed performer, with 3.55 gear. Low end response is fantastic, hauls and tows with no burps and like a hotrod when it's punched.

It is becoming my favourite carb.

I have two 1 is 625 on a 360 everyday driver....all good
the other 1 is a 725 on a 383 bracket racer....all good
on a all out race motor....NO WAY!

I have a 440 in my Belvedere, edelbrock heads, headders, rpm intake, Hughes CAM-HEH 2832BL cam.

3.23 gears, 2000rpm stall.

Not what I would call a race car. Lots of talk about them but no real reviews on a warm big block.

-
Back