Any aircraft mechanics on here?

-
worked on T-64 gas turbines that were on the CH 53 Super Stallion Helicopter in the Marine Corps in the 70s. loved it.

Not me,but my Dad was a Bell Aircraft (UH1 helicopters) expert for the Army. I wish I would have followed in his footsteps.

Not me either but my Dad was a naval aircraft mechanic then worked for 35 years as a passenger jet engine mechanic, started at Allegheny airlines.

My oldest Brother works on anything with props, rotors or jets.

RF-4C Phantoms and T-37 Trainers, during my Air Force years.
Looking back on it, i really enjoyed being a flight line crew chief on the Phantom's.
Lot of responsibility given to a 20-23 year old kid at the time, during my tour of duty in Germany.
Then i took those little T-37's all apart, and put them back together after major maintenance and inspection time.

I know a guy that just got out of the marine corp, he worked on f-18s and f-22s.. talked about c-130's and some special c-130 with a ton of guns..
cool guy though and very smart.

I've worked Hydraulics on the KC-135R Tankers and F-16's. Loved woking on both of those air frames.

numerous different models of 135s, C-141, C-5, C-130, C-17, L-1011

I worked at McDonnell Douglas 90-94 on the C-17, systems install and flight line, then Boeing on 737 Final 96-99, installing the stuff in the center stub, just got a job again on the 787 Final Body join.

I worked at McDonnell Douglas 90-94 on the C-17, systems install and flight line, then Boeing on 737 Final 96-99, installing the stuff in the center stub, just got a job again on the 787 Final Body join.

Where are you doing that charlston or everret, I am down in San Antonio working on the 787 too.

Carbon fiber airplane, who would have thought.

I know a guy that just got out of the marine corp, he worked on f-18s and f-22s.. talked about c-130's and some special c-130 with a ton of guns..
cool guy though and very smart.

He didn't work on F-22's...we don't have them. If he was an F-18 mech for any amount of time, I probably know him or know of him, I've been an F-18 mech for over 20 years now. The C-130 with all the guns is an AC-130 Gunship, AKA "Puff the Magic Dragon" (especially during Vietnam, but not so much today). Look around on You Tube and you can probably find good videos of them, but not as good as the "non-public" ones.

He didn't work on F-22's...we don't have them. If he was an F-18 mech for any amount of time, I probably know him or know of him, I've been an F-18 mech for over 20 years now. The C-130 with all the guns is an AC-130 Gunship, AKA "Puff the Magic Dragon" (especially during Vietnam, but not so much today). Look around on You Tube and you can probably find good videos of them, but not as good as the "non-public" ones.

The C130 gunship is called the Spectra I believe.

Carbon fiber airplane, who would have thought.[/QUOTE]

You guys are soon to recieve a heavy lift carbon fiber Helicopter, that is all I can say.

I came close. Went to school and got my A&P, but a good tool and die apprenticeship came up while I was looking for a job in the aircraft industry.

I had a little different path being in the north. My father was lead mechanic and trouble shooter for a major aircraft engine rebuilder up north here in Canada. He overhauled and repaired mainly the 985 and 1340 Radial engines used in the BEAVER, OTTER and Helicopters along with various other planes like the twin Beach, DC3 ect.
When I was a kid he use to haul me into very remote places for company and to wash parts.
Sometimes we were helicoptered into the bush totally isolated as the engine popped a jug and had to land in a remote lake. Made tripods for engine changes out of trees.
I continued in his footsteps but only on the avionics side. Got tired of that back in the early 80's though as it was all night work.

PS If you watch ICE PILOTS NWT last week’s episode introduced Jeff Schroeder as a C46 Pilot. He has the highest pilot hours for that plane. He has more hours than any other pilot for the C46 pilot in the world including during the war. Also one of my best friends since the teenager days.

i worked on the C5 as a crew chief while in the AF active and while in the reserves.the pic of the crashed plane is #4059 which was the plane that i was a crew chief on before i got out of active duty. the crash happened a few years ago in dover after i was long gone. nobody was killed luckily.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 176
  • imagesCAQYTFEX.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 173
  • tg.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 174
Do a little avionics work on almost anything. Props to jets. Private owned stuff. Started late been doing it 3 years now. Went to work for my brother he started his own shop 10 years ago or so and were keeping our heads above water some how. Kind of tuff in this economy but we wont give up. He has 20+ years in and did some manufacure's rep work on f-16's all over the world for lockheed.

Where are you doing that charlston or everret, I am down in San Antonio working on the 787 too.

Carbon fiber airplane, who would have thought.

I am up in Everett, not actually started yet, still doing all the pre employment fun stuff.

-
Back