Any antique'ers?

-
Collecting cameras is my main thing. I love anything mainly before the 80s. Started a few years ago and now this collection has grown! A have a few that work and I have rolled film through (sent it to get developed), but I haven't had the time or cash to buy all the film developing equipment. I also love old advertisements, but unfortunately most of mine are reproductions.

The large greenish/metal thing on the left of the cabinet is a WWII Naval Arial camera for reconnaissance missions. Stands a little over 3 feet tall like that and operated with 24V. It has a 40 inch lens!
View attachment 1715287602

View attachment 1715287607
And I do have even more stashed away in another bedroom, oops!

View attachment 1715287604
Thats a really nice collection. They had several old cameras at the antique store I was at.

Nice collection. It looks like you might have a Yashika D or a Rolleiflex in your row of double lens reflexes? I used one in high school. Great medium format. Is that a Hasselblad 4x4 on the bottom? Whatever brand it is, those are exceptional. I got to develop a bit in high school. About the only way nowdays to develop and print is to have a darkroom at home. Not too many photo labs that develop any more. Everything's digital. (and that's fun too)

I actually have both :) in the front is a pre war Rolleiflex, takes lovely pictures. Behind it I do have a pristine grey Yashica Model D, works perfectly. I WISH I could afford a Hasselblad....On the bottom there is a Bronica S2, the Japanese variant of the Blad. A bit clunky and way heavy, haven't had the chance to use it. Cannot wait to get some equipment and develop film myself!

Pick this up today....Dart Swinger tie tac, lapel pin.

IMG_3409.JPG

Its funny going into those places , the older you get the more stuff you recognize..... That's not old I still use it
I have had an old pocket watch that was my Great Grandfathers(Dads side)handed down.Very heavy piece for its size. I'd pull it out once and awhile and wind it , let it run , kept perfect time. I handed it down to my oldest son when he got married.
. Grandfathers watch.
IMG_1805.jpg

Very cool, can U post any pics of the movement? Kinda hard to find info on non usa movemets.

That’s a blue tint glass Ball mason jar made between 1923 and 1933 with the tin/zinc lid. The lack of an underscore on the Ball logo establishes the date. They are generally worth between $15-30 depending on condition. Low and high goes about $5 beyond that range.
I figured they were worth more than that lol. It was my grandfathers get had a whole bunch of them and when he passed my dad went thru and got all his stuff. I managed to find this one hidden in a corner and it's a number 13. I always heard 13s where hard to find because the old timers thought that they were bad luck and would throw them out. Idk if that's true?

I figured they were worth more than that lol. It was my grandfathers get had a whole bunch of them and when he passed my dad went thru and got all his stuff. I managed to find this one hidden in a corner and it's a number 13. I always heard 13s where hard to find because the old timers thought that they were bad luck and would throw them out. Idk if that's true?
Nah, the number 13 jars being worth more is a myth. It is just a mold number and does not impact value. Some people have sold them for more to uneducated buyers who fell for the myth, but real collectors know it doesn’t mean anything. The other myth is that the number 13 jars were used by moonshiners making them worth more, but it isn’t true. It just sounds plausible to an unsuspecting buyer.

Nah, the number 13 jars being worth more is a myth. It is just a mold number and does not impact value. Some people have sold them for more to uneducated buyers who fell for the myth, but real collectors know it doesn’t mean anything. The other myth is that the number 13 jars were used by moonshiners making them worth more, but it isn’t true. It just sounds plausible to an unsuspecting buyer.
Cool thank you for the info! Value doesn't matter to me anyway I would never sale it. It is one of the only things I have that was my grandfathers. I have one of his old pistols and a few old radios. He built old radios as a side hobby after he retired until the solid state radios put him out of business. He had a box full of old tools and parts and radios my dad got all of them. I found a couple damaged ones my dad threw away and got them out of the trash and kept them.

Cool thank you for the info! Value doesn't matter to me anyway I would never sale it. It is one of the only things I have that was my grandfathers. I have one of his old pistols and a few old radios. He built old radios as a side hobby after he retired until the solid state radios put him out of business. He had a box full of old tools and parts and radios my dad got all of them. I found a couple damaged ones my dad threw away and got them out of the trash and kept them.
Well then, drink moonshine out of it occasionally and toast your memories of him! That’s worth far more than the value of the jar.

I grew up in the antique business. Did all the refinishing work for my Mom who had 3 stores. Once it's in the blood that collecting bug never goes away I don't think. Here are 2 current projects I'm working on, a 1930's Philco tombstone radio, and an Champion spark plug testor.
IMG_2914.jpg

57859358859__C09A267E-E57C-4E3D-9E9F-C647EFC9A95E.JPG

-
Back