Any Arizonan's around?

-

ab7fh

Reaction score
I live in Wittmann, which is half way between Surprise and Wickenburg. Any Speedworld regulars here?

Saw your query here. I'm usually around as I'm retired now. Did you ever get ahold of Jim Soper?

No, I haven't given him a call yet. I plan on doing that soon.

Curious, do you know Richard Beals?

I believe he's Jim's old partner (Comp Chassis?) don't really know him. I do know Jim is less expensive than Comp Chassis

Yep, that's the guy. I sold him my first Dart which he campaigned for quite a long time.

Good deal on the more reasonable than Comp Chassis. I called CC and they were out of my league.

I really want to try and do the back half myself, but I first need to find someone close who would be able to give me a bit of guidance along the way. I still haven't made up my mind on this. I just wanted to find out what a shop would charge to see if it's something I can even afford to have done.

I'm affiliated with www.fstmotorsports.com I built their site and took all their photos. They have done work on race cars, but whenever they do work for a friend it takes FOREVER... I don't want to deal with that. Not just that, but I really want improve my skills as a fabricator.

Do you know John Leslie over at Speedworld? He's been the tech director and the race director at Speedworld. I met through ham radio years ago. We would always bench race when we got together. He was working on an Anglia, then I think he dropped that and started on a Camaro...

Yeah, I ran him 1 night at Speedworld in a roadster I had (Roger Lorton has it now.) Since my dial-in was quicker quicker he got the jump, I caught up to him & he starts pedaling the car so I just stayed with him. When he hammered the brakes at the top end I did too. I broke out but it cost him his front runners (flat spots). He gets all upset & tries getting me thrown off the track (I lost anyway:?). That's about all I know of him, never really spoke--only heard stories. That was quite awhile ago so I'm sure he's just busy with his business.

I might know him by sight. The Tech guys there always treated me real well as I've had about 5 or 6 cars along with helping some friends when they go out. I've been down lately as my Altereds last motor blew up in grand style & I had to start from scratch as the machine shop told me to go pound sand when it was shown it was their error. That's okay, though as the new engine should REALLY push this thing down the track!:wav:

I met with him once after selling the car to him. He asked me to give a presentation on digital photography to a group of realtors he worked with, which I did.

I really hoped he would have contacted me before he sold the car to someone else, but he didn't and sold it off. I've unfortunately lost track of the car since. Since it was my grandma's car, and my first car, that particular Dart meant a lot to me. Really wasn't happy with him after that...

This photo is the last I've seen of it:

black_dart.jpg

black_dart.jpg

black_dart.jpg

That's how I remember it. A customer of Jim's came in one day, last summer, I think, and said he bought a Dart or Duster from/through Richard as he is kinda a friend of his. I hadn't seen the car in awhile so I'm suspecting this guy may have your old car or at least knows where it is.

I live in Chandler, AZ. I get up to Chino Valley/Prescott once in a while to visit my brother. Nice cruise in the Duster.........

Nice looking Duster.

I enjoy taking the back way up to Prescott. There's only 2 stoplights between my house and Prescott:D

I live in Wittmann, which is half way between Surprise and Wickenburg. Any Speedworld regulars here?

I live in Mesa, Power Rd and Baseline. Speedworld is an hours drive from here, lol.

Hmmm.... AB7FH, eh?
CQ AB7FH de N7VD HW CPY OM? K

:D 5-9 copy!

Good to see another hamster on the site. Are you active? I haven't been very active for the last few years. I have my 2m rig setup, but barely turn it on. I don't have anything setup for HF right now.

Power & Baseline? I 'm at Southern & Ellsworth & I can't think of anything but business at Power & Baseline. Maybe you could inspire me to get going on my Duster project. It was really a Challenger I wanted when this came along, so I'm having a hard time with motivation.
Jim

i live in fountain hills. you know what would be nice is if the reservation opened that old drag strip on 87. i bet it would bring in a lot of business.

ab7fh, you pass by my house when you go the back way to Prescott. I live in Yarnell.

Rick, sorry, never knew you were interested in getting the car back. Last I knew you were into 4 wheeling.

I'm taking a break from fourwheeling. It hard to believe, but after 15 years I'm done modifying my Explorer:D

2204117-1719_img.jpg

71back1.jpg

Time to build something to satisfy the need for speed:D

I'm still looking for small block stuff for the front engine dragster.

-
Back