Any body replace front frame rails on a 71-75 A body

-

mopar65

Reaction score
i have a 75 dart sport I need to replace the front frame rails on. I am a mechanic not a body guy etc. lol I. Can weld but that's about it. Lol so looking for tips and advice. The biggest thing I am worried about is making sure I get the frame rails welded back on straight etc

Leaving the aprons and core support intact? They will pretty much fall into place. Easier to weld if you drill from the thinner side. Drill through the apron and floor sides to drop the rail out. Use spot drill bits. Take plenty of measurements before, mock-up, measure and weld it in with ER-70s-6 wire. Plenty of guys here to jump in and give advice.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. I need all the help I. Can get. I will be taking the core support off, but welding it back on to the new rails. The aprons I am undecided about. The reasion I am having to replace the front frame rails, is because some time ago. Some body installed a mustang II frontend and to me didn't do a very good job at it.
I say that because I was measureing the frame width to see if a motor plate would work with my magnum 360. That's when I found out the mustang frame rails they made are about 4 inches narrower than the factory frame rails. Pluse they didn't install the cross brace. I was thinking about just cutting the frame rails and putting them wear they need to be, but said to my self if I am going to do that might as well just put the factory rails back in it?

-
Back