any body try this converter TCI 141300 - TCI Breakaway Torque

-
If it has 3.55 or better--3.91's, I would pony up and get the 10 inch streetfight. Mine was just over $500 two summers ago. It feels "tight" and pulls at 1,500 or even lower depending on the load. Engine idles around 750 in gear and will creep forward with no brake.

The small 10 inch will be more efficient, well worth the extra $

Mine has 4,000 miles of semi hard street use, all is good

Oh, did I say it hits pretty well when asked

Yep, I have one in my dart, no problems, it does its job. If this post starts another flame on how TCI sucks, I'd like to cut that off by saying:

People have a tendency on this forum to talk crap about TCI. I think there is this osmosis, with people that may or may not have hands-on experience, parroting inaccurate information. Everywhere else on the inter-web, they are just as good as any other off the shelf company, wonder why that is...

My experiences with TCI have been positive.

Call them and tell them your specs: engine, cam, transmission, rear gear, tire size, etc. So they can dial you in.

Choose your stall speed wisely. :burnout:

PTC will make it for your application for about the same price.

I second PTC call and talk to Kenny, he's a Mopar guy as well. All I will say about TCI is do your homework.

If you order any converter you will need all of your car and engine specs for them to build one correctly.

PTC would build you a 9 1/2" converter that will run like normal and flash when you need it.

I'm not bashing here, but in my search I didn't like what I heard.

-
Back