any body use stuff by pypes?

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
i just put headers on my car,i have wussy 2 inch pipes on it now, i found PYPES has a full 2 1/2 inch exhaust system with mufflers and x pipe for about 4 bills, oh that is stainless, what do you guys think? or has anyone used this stuff, my exhaust shop will charge me about 300.00 with out x pipe or mufflers(he said ... if he can bend 2 1/2 over my rear diff. )and mild steel

Pypes makes a great repop of the A & B Body exhaust tips.....I just put a pair on the Cuda. Excellent quality. :mrgreen:

I don't own anything from them but have seen their Set up at Car shows. Everything was very nice looking. Not 100% but i think their stuff is made in the U.S.A too?

I sure hope their better than they were 2 yrs. ago because I bought one of their 2-1/2" stainless kits (btw: it's cheap stainless, not polished, except the mufflers) for my 68 Cuda and it didn't fit worth a crap. The X pipe was made so narrow it wouldn't even clear the yoke on the rearend and mine has the small yoke. I realize that when the car is sitting on the ground the yoke is higher than the exhaust but I want it to not rip the exhaust off when I jack the car up so I had to take it to a shop to get the X pipe re-bent. Then we went to install the tail pipes. The left fit ok but the right hung down much farther at the rear (5-6 inches). Took it back off and re-bent it. Finally got it fitting and looking decent after 2 days work and $100 to the exhaust shop.

Check out this thread about Pypes exhaust

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=31883&highlight=pypes+exhaust

I used the 2 1/2" x-pipe kit with cutouts on my Duster and I love it. I bought Dynomax Ultraflo Welded mufflers too. I installed the kit and got it to fit perfectly then drove it to the muffler shop to have the pipes bent from the mufflers back to the tips. No regrets...

-
Back