Any change in motor mounts 318 to 360?

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I was wondering about this. I thought I heard some where if you put a 360 in an A body that had a 318 in it you would have to get a couple of new motor mounts becaus a 360 is a bit different. I have a 69 Dart. I was thinking about one of those 320 hp crate engines. Thanks

The left side mounting lugs on a 360 engine are not exactly the same as a 273/318. The rear most boss is closer to the front ones on a 360, so you need to fill in the 1/4" or so space either with washers or weld a piece of metal to the inside rear of the mount and redrill the hole. Also, if memory serves me correctly, the right side 318 mount will only bolt up with 2 bolts. Again, you can add a piece of triangular steel to the 318 mount to pick up the third mounting boss on the 360. If you need some photos, I have some around somewhere that I took for Cerwin.

P1150011.jpg

P1150012.jpg

Good shot, now we need to archive this for easy searching.

You can see the space. You can stack up washers or cut a tube to length.

That is the original 273 mount from my 66 Valiant and is mounted on a 1978 360. I've used washers since I put the engine in several rears ago, but this time I'll do it right and add some metal to the mount.
Thanks Cerwin, saved me searching for them again. :)

OldVart said:
That is the original 273 mount from my 66 Valiant and is mounted on a 1978 360. I've used washers since I put the engine in several rears ago, but this time I'll do it right and add some metal to the mount.
Thanks Cerwin, saved me searching for them again. :)

You bet :thumbup:

-
Back