Any convert their 67 barracuda idler arm to roller bearing?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Anyone use the firm feel roller bearing kit that replaces the dreaded, sloppy rubber bushing idler?

I know they have the kit for almost $200 smackers but would love to find a unit already made up for that kind of money.

Curious if they will start making them ready to bolt in like they do the later version cars??????????

I understand the idler has to be taken and machined to install the roller bearing kit...drats!

I know I'm "raising the dead" here but I came across this thread searching for information on this upgrade. I think the idler arm in my Duster is shot but I want to replace it with something better... this roller bearing kit from Firm Feel has been around ~4 years now anyone on here happen to try it out on their car yet?

Don't mess with the 67 idler.You can't make perfume out of ****. Weld on the tab and replace it with a 68 up style. Cut it off any old K-member. Done in car no reason to remove your K-member.

Whoops I was asking about the roller bearing kit in general I have a '70 Duster

There was a old MooG kit to do this. I scored a couple off ebay 3-4 years ago. Kit part number was K-7009.. I think I paid 10$ each plus shipping..
I did have to machine the Idler arm I used to provide cups/location for the bearings not hard to do. been using one on my dirt track car for 3 years and its still in great shape. stock ones had slop in them after 2 or 3 races.

couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 203
-
Back