Any deer hunters here?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Haven't seen any deer hunting threads unless I missed them.

Pretty much had a really good season so far with 8 deer taken with my crossbow.

It's more fun than my rifle but there are those times I wish I brought the rifle.

Got two doe 30 seconds apart last week with a quick reload after hearing another deer coming up from behind after I hit the first doe.
Hit the second one when she was looking around trying figure out what's going on.
They both ran 50 yards and dropped,within ten feet of each other.

Early season I had two epic shots with the crossbow from a ladder stand....one was a spike that I hit high lung and spine....dropped right there.

Two days later a doe was facing me up the hill to my left.....she winded me and was looking up at me but couldn't figure me out.
She kept looking up, stomping, then grazing....then she almost bolted but composed herself and put her head down again so I figured I better make this happen and nailed her between the shoulder blades at the base of the neck and dropped her right there.

Two more doe two days in a row last week and i got a really nice sized doe tonight with the crossbow with a 60 yard shot from across the valley on the opposite hillside.

I gave her 90 minutes before I tracked her by the way she bolted.
I tracked her for an hour in the dark and had a hard time finding blood since she ran up hill......I hate when they run up hill as they don't bleed much that way......finally I started seeing drops and good pools when she turned down hill.
80 yards later I found her eyes glowing.

4 more deer to go and my harvest record is full.......been a good season and needs to be because my family likes to eat venicin like friggin deer zombies....lol.

Life is gonna suck when deer season ends.

Yea there's hunters here! I haven't had much luck this year yet but my work schedule is also preventing me from going... :(

I love hunting but cant see the need to take 10 deer where I hunt we are only allowed 1 so you wait for the right one . But I understand deer are a major nuisance in some places .

I love hunting but cant see the need to take 10 deer where I hunt we are only allowed 1 so you wait for the right one . But I understand deer are a major nuisance in some places .

I can take up to three deer Province wide (not from the same regions). I do this because deer meat along with bear fills up my freezer. I take animals only for food, doesn't matter what the antler size is.

Where I live it's not uncommon to see herds of deer up to 200+ in a farmer's field. So they are a big problem.

Think he was referring to, or could be.......

Just havin some fun guys. Yeah, I eat vegetables. And meat. I'll have my rib eye medium rare please. And pass the Brussel sprouts.

I haven't hunted in quite a few years, my busy season (heating business) is during hunting season. I sure wish I had a freezer full of venison, elk, or bear; game meat is arguably more healthy, lean, and free of man made hormones and chemicals.

Just don't kill Bambi. :)

A few friends and I just came back from eastern Montana. Beautiful country and big mule deer!
My buddy Nick's deer scored 158

Attachments

• image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 144
Nice Muley but all the way to Montana......Thought ya'all had plenty of Big White tails up there in Pa.?

The deer are getting bigger and antler sizes are increasing thanks to a point restriction a few years back..... Still not a "destination" like Texas!!
I'd love to hunt some of those senderos!!

Been hunting hard up here in Wisconsin with the bow, seeing some very nice buck's this year, just haven't got the chance to shoot one yet! Opening day of our gun season start's this Saturday, I can't wait! I added a couple pic's, first couple are of my cousin's 216" whitetail shot last week in Iowa, second one is a buddies shot up here in Wisconsin last Tuesday, lucky bastards!!

View attachment Whiteface.jpg

View attachment 10380019_955352707813041_5735320622643379745_o.jpg

View attachment 10553576_955353817812930_3034184850107498135_n.jpg

View attachment 10365835_745205022226913_4984466616940797113_n.jpg

My season ended yesterday. In 10 days in the deer woods I saw a grand total of 2 does. My freezer is full of meat so they got to walk. I was out looking for a big buck. There is always next year.

Sounds like you are having a real good season spaz!

Jack

I hunt the family farm. 100 ac. 5 mins from my house. I'm also the caretaker of the Farm. So I know pretty much what comes and goes.Have taken three deer so far this season. 2 week shotgun season here after Thanksgiving. I'm sure I'll take more. Had a big buck in my crossbow sight last night at about 25 yds. He was walking rather fast so I whistled at him. He bolted before I could get off a shot. I've used this technique often to stop walking deer. Sometimes I grunt, sometimes I whistle . Guess I should have grunted this time. DOH... I did shoot this 9 pointer last month during a short Muzzle Loader season. His was only around 140 lbs. Still pretty big for my area. Oh yeah... were eatin him now.

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 098.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 007.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 78
PETA would be proud of ya'll.

People Eating Tasty Animals that is, lmao.

I have a new inline muzzle loader, and have yet to get out and try it out. My home time is limited, and I have "chores". :???:

-
Back