any ford dealer techs out there

-

cudarudy

cudarudy
Reaction score
need help diagnosing my wife's 2006 mustang 4.0 v-6 . intermitantly surging or running rough at idle sometimes stalling when at idle , or coasting. has set code p061b ford dealer flashed pcm with latest update but still acting up, they think it may be the mass-airflow sensor. I thought maybe egr valve. anyone have this code set before?

need help diagnosing my wife's 2006 mustang 4.0 v-6 . intermitantly surging or running rough at idle sometimes stalling when at idle , or coasting. has set code p061b ford dealer flashed pcm with latest update but still acting up, they think it may be the mass-airflow sensor. I thought maybe egr valve. anyone have this code set before?

I personally never ran across this code during my time at Ford, but doing a quick search at some of the Moosewang Forums it seems that it's related to a vacuum leak.

From the way you're describing the symptoms it very well could be.

I cant find any codes in my OBD11 code reader book with a letter at the end. They are all PO then three numbers.

My Mazda B-2300 (it's a Ford Ranger in disguise) was doing something similar. It ended up being a vacuum line that had become disconnected. Sometimes one of the rubber lines will crack, getting the same result.

Check all of the lines around the throttle body and sensors, maybe something has come loose, or cracked.

My Mazda B-2300 (it's a Ford Ranger in disguise) was doing something similar. It ended up being a vacuum line that had become disconnected. Sometimes one of the rubber lines will crack, getting the same result.

Check all of the lines around the throttle body and sensors, maybe something has come loose, or cracked.

Had the same thing on my F250. It ended up being a cracked rubber line that went in right under the trottle body. Replaced it and all was well again.

Had a very similar problem once working on a mercedes c series. ended up being the MAF sensor. next time it happens pull over and disconnect the mass air harness connector. if it stops you know you found your problem.

On the 4.0 ford engines there is a rubber hose on the back of the manifold that collapses and gets holes in it..Also the IAC valve gets carboned and needs cleaned,It will stay stuck open and give the affect of a vacuum leak.The code is a dealer code only it is just some more tricks so you have to take your car back to them.

I have ran across this same type of issue on a customers mustang, same year and a 4.0. What I found were two loose grounds at the core support, causing an intermittant stall among other strange things. Also, after monitoring the fuel pressure, I also noticed it would fluctuate between 55psi and fall to aroound 25psi than stumble and die while stopped. It ended up being the fuel pump driver module which is located inside the spare tire well. Just some food for thought.

-
Back