Any Gen III Hemi engine swaps in a Dodge Conquest?

-

Jax

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any Gen III Hemi engine swaps in a Dodge Conquest?

Was wondering if this has already been done.....

I swear there was another on in a magazine years ago but I can't find it now.

Edit - nope, car I was thinking of was a 1990 Daytona:

Last edited:
Done smallblocks, but not a G3.
Nice thing about Mitsu built cars (Colts, Arrows, "Challengers" and the D50 truck included) of that era is that the automatic versions used a Chrysler-sourced 904 tranny- so crossmember, shift linkage, driveshaft and rear can all stay in place; even the speedo is an easy hookup if you stay with a 904.

Will you settle for a Hellcat in a Dodge Rampage?

There is a huge thread (or 2?) on TurboDodge.com of a guy that converted 2 Daytona's to RWD and G3 swapped them. Even tried to get Reilly Motorsports and US CarTool to build parts off his prototypes so others could do something similar. All for not.

Plus @BadAss71 had some pictures in a post of a similar conversion on a '91 Daytona using an LX rear suspension. But that was 3 years ago and nothing since.

But that isn't a Conquest. Sounds like one of those would be much easier since you don't have to do a RWD conversion at the same time.

Kiwis Customs and Classics on YouTube had started doing one, but I don't know about the current status of the project.

Not my car but this is a dodge shadow with 6.1, I’m pretty sure he is a member here.

IMG_2878.jpeg

-
Back