Any Geoligests here

-
Do a search for meteorite rock. Lots of pictures look just like it.

Stone meteorites will have a melted/glazed surface. Others are either iron or iron in stone. All show signs of extreme heat.

Correction: Not all metallic ones are iron, I learned something today. :)

Last edited:
More pictures as requested.
I found this on my property several years ago.
I live about 10 miles north west of phila. Pa.
In a small town called Roslyn Valley.
I'm at the high end of town not in the lower end that floods on occasion if that means anything.

20230515_083421.jpg

20230515_083436.jpg

20230515_083450.jpg

20230515_083414.jpg

Yes he is a perv. It's a great movie thought. He'd did it years before he came out.
I will try to answer everyone's questions. Give me a few days. I went down at a Mopar event Sunday a week ago with.a few FABO members
I was fortunate they were there to help me. Blood clot hit my lung. .
Feel better Ray

Yes he is a perv. It's a great movie thought. He'd did it years before he came out.
I will try to answer everyone's questions. Give me a few days. I went down at a Mopar event Sunday a week ago with.a few FABO members
I was fortunate they were there to help me. Blood clot hit my lung. .
Kitty and I send prayers.

It's a prehistoric, petrified giant snake head. Look at the 3rd pic down in reply # 52. See it's eye sockets, nose and outline if its mouth?
Here is a better head-on picture.
Funny the human brain is wired, to see familiar images in things.
It does have some kind of facial recognition though.

20230515_142513.jpg

Guessing a hunk of limestone that broke free from a sinkhole/small cave, Yeah, that`s the ticket.
If you see a face on it, have an artist fill in the details and display it:)

.one geology method to identify basalt

Get a piece of unglazed tile, scratch it hard with the rock.
If it leaves a brownish streak it could indicate the presence of iron rich minerals, the brown streak could be
Oxidizing iron (rust) particles
The OP said that it was not magnetic.
There still could be particles of iron in it, but not enough to be "feel" magnetic
Iron could explain the "heaviness"
(Density) of the rock.

Limestone was mentioned
Place a few drops of dilute hydrochloric acid on the rock, if it sizzles or bubbles it will more than likely be limestone, from ancient sea shells, which are composed of calcium carbonate.

Last edited:
When I was a kid and in 4H, I found a rock similar looking.
I asked our conservation leader what it was. He told me it was leaverite. I said really. He said yup leaverite there.:)

On a more serious note. If you have a college with a geology department they may be able to tell you what it is, or you maybe able to go to a the county agriculture extension office.

Last edited:
This weights 67 pounds not magnetic
Volcano rock, fossilized head of one my ancestors.???

View attachment 1716089664

View attachment 1716089665

View attachment 1716089666
It took me a week to remember this . . . Was talking to one of Registered Geologists on the Dam Job I was on in 2019 and they mapped every inch of this overexcacation extensively.

I asked about a particular rock and he stoically said " It's a sex rock ". I figure he's yanking my chain and he says " Yep, just another ******* rock ".
Geologist humor I guess. Not to mention we're busy and I probably wouldn't understand anyway.

Also if you have a local arts and sciences museum you might take it there. There may be someone who has some knowledge of geology.

Also if you have a local arts and sciences museum you might take it there. There may be someone who has some knowledge of geology.
I had it checked out. It's from China. :rofl:
I actually have someone that's going to look at it this weekend after I sent them a few pictures.
Philadelphia has plenty of museums . This one my be of particular interest to some folks.
The Mutter Museum Phila. PA. :eek::realcrazy:

I had it checked out. It's from China. :rofl:
I actually have someone that's going to look at it this weekend after I sent them a few pictures.
Philadelphia has plenty of museums . This one my be of particular interest to some folks.
The Mutter Museum Phila. PA. :eek::realcrazy:
What the name of the rock/??

-
Back