Any Geoligests here

-
Ok. I did that. Those meteorites do not look like this. There may be some similarities but they are very different.
Meteorite holes are caused by the rock being molten hot. Volcanic rocks have similar holes caused from a similar situation. The holes are caused by gas being expelled through the rock while molten.
This rock has one pock mark that resembles the holes you see on some meteorites, specifically about 5% of the pictures on google.
This rock has remnants of an ancient sea bed. That's what I am seeing.
I am an amateur paleontologist. I travel to places to find rocks. I collect rocks. I have thousands of pounds of rocks. This rock is not a meteorite.
Well I claim to be no expert certainly, but I saw some that were similar. I hold out hope for Woofie. lol

Maybe the op wants to tell where he found it, what state, was it by a river, some info to start hunting

So, we really need to know where it was found.
Then we can look at a stratigraphic map and figure out what layer it derived from.

I am unfamiliar with where K-Pax is.
Rivers and glaciation can more rocks thousands of miles but they are traceable. Location is the partial answer to this mystery.
K-Pax was a movie with Kevin Spacey who claimed to be an alien from the planet K-Pax. lol

The rock appears to have an oyster shell in it. The rounded part that kinda looks like an ear.
Try this, if you want a google search.
Oyster-encrusted Cremnoceramus deformis shell fragments

Did anyone read the story last week about a meteorite that crashed through a house?
Went through the roof and landed in a bedroom
Think was still warm when homeowner discovered it
Dam if that rock Ray has doesn’t look like it
Lots of times that happens, it's a frozen chunk of human waste from an airplane.

K-pax. Gotcha.
I don't watch movies. Too little time in life to sit around in front of a screen. I get zero movie references so thanks for that info. I got no results searching K-pax on my maps.

So, we really need to know where it was found.
Then we can look at a stratigraphic map and figure out what layer it derived from.

I am unfamiliar with where K-Pax is.
Rivers and glaciation can more rocks thousands of miles but they are traceable. Location is the partial answer to this mystery.
Correct, in my part of the state in Washington we have deposits of red rock which is normally only found in the snake river Idaho area. Post ice age floods brought it and also created the scablands just northeast of my area which is a basalt flood plane which is though to be from the same volcano that is now under Yellowstone I love ancient landscapes

It would indeed be awesome if it were the "correct" type of meteorite that is worth big bucks. But it is not.

I'm no expert either. Experts are paid for their knowledge. I just like to collect and learn as a hobby.

K-pax. Gotcha.
I don't watch movies. Too little time in life to sit around in front of a screen. I get zero movie references so thanks for that info. I got no results searching K-pax on my maps.
I had to look it up. Although we have over 2500 DVDs, we're not Kevin Spacey fans.

The rock appears to have an oyster shell in it. The rounded part that kinda looks like an ear.
Try this, if you want a google search.
Oyster-encrusted Cremnoceramus deformis shell fragments
I cannot disagree. Now that you mention it......who knows what it is? I sure don't. It's super cool though, especially as big as it is.

I had to look it up. Although we have over 2500 DVDs, we're not Kevin Spacey fans.
He was perfect for it, we need an actor who can play someone from outer space, oh... I know how about Kevin spacey lol...I can just hear the Hollywood dipshits now

I'm going to take a guess it had spent most of it's time in a river and near a waterfall

He was perfect for it, we need an actor who can play someone from outer space, oh... I know how about Kevin spacey lol...I can just hear the Hollywood dipshits now
Pervert. Dont get me started on this guy, anything he is acting in, I turn off.

Yes he is a perv. It's a great movie thought. He'd did it years before he came out.
I will try to answer everyone's questions. Give me a few days. I went down at a Mopar event Sunday a week ago with.a few FABO members
I was fortunate they were there to help me. Blood clot hit my lung. .

A good movie, by the way....
Glad you liked it. LOL We liked that one with John Travolta where he has the brain tumor and somehow has a sixth sense. Phenomenon it's called.

-
Back