Any good body shops on Vancouver Island?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Any of you island members know of a good body shop on Vancouver Island? I would like to have the Dart painted sometime in the near future, but it needs some body work. Not a lot, but I need lower quarters, driver's side inner fender (only the upper portion) replaced, a bit of work on the passenger side inner fender, and the driver's side door striker post area fixed. I want metal to be welded in, no filler filling rust. Let me know what you have, thanks!

I can tell you who not to do business with . Theres lots of good reputable resto guys on the island it just depends how much you want to do and how quick you want it done you can save a lot of money by leaving it with a good shop to work on at their leisure {between ICBC jobs or when they are tired of doing hondas and minivans }most body shops like to have a cool car in the shop it enhances their image , I know a couple of guys who have done that with good results .

Ron, do you know much about the pricing with these guys? They have a couple Mopars in there right now it says, including a formula S 2nd gen Cuda.
Hi Mike, not sure on prices, does nice work. Ask for Blaine, he is the owner and is a MOPAR guy. I have bought and sold cars and parts with him since I was 14. He has a 70 challenger and a 70 GTX drag car. Only been to his current shop one time but it was clean and looked well organized. He was working on a 70' roadrunner that needed lots of metal replacement, last time I was down there. Best way to get a hold of him is to call.

Hey Mike,
A member 1969GTS refered me to a guy in Port Alberni when I was looking at getting my Duster painted when I lived in Duncan. Apperentley this guy is very honest and has reasonable prices and does good work. 1969GTS lives in Abbotsford and brought his Dart over to this guy just to have it done. I saw the after pictures of the car and it looked great. Apperentley his name is Barry.

CROSS AUTO BODY
(250) 723-8851
5520 Bigwood Rd, Port Alberni, BC

Mike...give me a shout .

I can show you Blaines' work on our Cuda...He is a Mopar guy and goes and above and beyond to do it right.

Mike...give me a shout .

I can show you Blaines' work on our Cuda...He is a Mopar guy and goes and above and beyond to do it right.

Todd, I am home from work from Feb 1 - Feb 8, so I'll give you a call, but let me know if you'll be around anytime then. I'd like to see the body work done on the Cuda, and catch up.

Mike--I await your call...I 'm sorry I didn't get back to you in Dec. JUst give me a day and i'll make it work. I just need some notice.

65Val--Hell ya I'll be there. Making some more upgrades.....
Were you there last year??

Ya I was up there. i was pitted way up by the hangars...waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy up past the finish line.

_ACT3759Print8x10.jpg

first outing with another new set up...ran 10.32 @ 128.

Now back to Mikes question.....

Hey Todd, I'll call you when I get home (Tuesday), but incase you see this first, will you be home possibly this upcoming Friday or Saturday at all?

The girlfriend and I are driving to Victoria and spending the night, so I could stop by either on the way there, or the way back.

Did you get that dart painted?I am a mopar bodyman and painter. Just moved here (parksville) from Australia. Need help?

Nope, haven't got it painted yet. I'm actually in Central America right now, and I'll be here for another month. PM me your name and number, and when I get home, I'll give you a call. It doesn't need much, just some inner fender work, and a little bit of quarter work. Also need a spare tire well welded in. I've got all the parts to do it, but I'm lacking in the skills to do it myself.

-
Back