Any hockey fans?

-
Sparky, Sparky, Sparky..............

How could you possibly be a Habs fan? That's even worse than being a Maple Laffs fan:crybaby:.

Myself, I'm much in the same boat as Demon Seed. I've been a goalie since 1970, all the way into Junior and then Men's league up until about 4 yrs ago, and I coached PeeWee and Bantam teams for 6 yrs, but I don't have any desire to watch hockey any more. It's certainly not the game that I grew up idolizing. Way too many teams with too many mediocre players.

We had season's tickets for the Canucks back before they first changed uniforms to those ghastly halloween colours.

I still follow enough to know what's going on, but haven't watched an entire game in quite a while. I'll watch the highlights, and maybe some of the playoffs, but now I'm more into the NFL.

And for the record, I'm not a Canuck fan.

Go BRUINS

PS. Believe it or not, I'm actually wearing that exact jersey right now. Now if I could only get his mask..................

10097022.jpg

Went to the Blue Jackets Avalanche game tonight to watch my Blue Jackets win 4-1. They are starting to play some better hockey nowadays.

I'm stuck with being a Vancouver "fan" since Washington doesn't have a hockey team. but i have to admit i'm a little bit of a Montreal fan since their new goalie Carey Price played for the minor league down the road. I don't recall much of the games except the beer was cold and Price blocked a hell of a lot of shots. :hockey: Go Canadians!

Ya, I am not sure what to make of the Canucks. I think it will be a few years before they are contenders. Let's call it a rebuilding period. ;-)

Go Kings !!!!!!! Ya...... Woooooooo-Hoooooooooo Kings...YA
Wooooooo-Woooooo.\\:D/

Dam we suck..:blackeye:

Sparky, Sparky, Sparky..............

How could you possibly be a Habs fan? That's even worse than being a Maple Laffs fan:crybaby:.

Myself, I'm much in the same boat as Demon Seed. I've been a goalie since 1970, all the way into Junior and then Men's league up until about 4 yrs ago, and I coached PeeWee and Bantam teams for 6 yrs, but I don't have any desire to watch hockey any more. It's certainly not the game that I grew up idolizing. Way too many teams with too many mediocre players.

We had season's tickets for the Canucks back before they first changed uniforms to those ghastly halloween colours.

I still follow enough to know what's going on, but haven't watched an entire game in quite a while. I'll watch the highlights, and maybe some of the playoffs, but now I'm more into the NFL.

And for the record, I'm not a Canuck fan.

Go BRUINS

PS. Believe it or not, I'm actually wearing that exact jersey right now. Now if I could only get his mask..................

I have to agree, GO BRUINS!! They actually won again last night. This has to be the first time in 10 years they actually have a decent team. It's to bad they play that boring defensive style of hockey. But they are ahead of the "swamp soprano's" and the "make believe's". Sorry if the names I used offend anybody, but I have been called much worse. LOL

Jack

Flyers vs Habs tonight.

Although there are NUMEROUS issues I have with the "new" NHL, I still love it. I think we can all agree tha Gary Bettmen is a douche and needs to go away.

As far as the Redwings go - They ARE a great team, but I'm sure being in one of the weakest divisions doesn't hurt, espessially with the new scheduling. I don't see them comming out of the west. With Neidermeyer comming back, the Ducks might now be the ones to beat with that crazy defense.

I'll be glad when my Flyers make it to the playoffs considering they had their worst season in franchise history last year. Love 'em or hate 'em, they made some great moves this off season to make a very competative team. Not to mention they are in the toughest division in the NHL.

I am not Canadian, but am a huge hockey fan. I have played roller hockey (in know...not REAL hockey to some) as a defenseman for 20 years, and I coach a highschool roller hockey team.
Go AVs!!!

Jack, Comoxian, you do realize that with you being Bruins fans and me a die hard Habs fan, that under Canadian hockey laws we are required to be mortal enemies for the remainder of the hockey season. Good thing you are not a Leafs fan or we would not be able to converse at all (under said laws)
Here is a wonderful picture for your desk top. (thats the "Flowers" autograph). Terry, if you would like a poster size picture for your basement I can send one to you in Oakeeetokes!!
Ce le but!

2007_12130001.jpg

Sparky,

I went to a game at the Forum about 30 years ago. That seat looks like it came from the nose bleed section I was sitting in. LOL If it wasn't for the Bruins the Habs wouldn't be winning to many games this year.

Jack

Sparky, Nemo says for you to kiss his ***. LOL and oh by the way that seat you've got and any pictures you'll take wouldn't last 2 minutes in my house. Ya see my dog is trained to hate (with extreme predjudice) both cats and all things connected to La Habitant.

Terry:poke:

I grew up in Minnesota. Started playing organized hockey at the age of 5... outdoors since there weren't any arenas back then.

Will be 50 next week... hung up my skates 3 years ago.

Retired military. Lived in Michigan back when the Wings were terrible... the Dead Wings. Lived in Jersey... an hour from Philly, 90 minutes to see the Devils, Rangers or Isles. It was 3 hours to Hartford (yes, I saw the Whalers play in their rink), 4+ hours to Boston... saw the B's several times. 3 1/2 hours from D.C. (Cap's)... and many, many minor teams in those parts! Played for the New Haven Nighthawks many moons ago.

My original team is now the Dallas Stars (still my favorite franchise), and being from Minnesota, I kind of like the Wild.

But now I am living in Northern California, and "stuck" watching the Sharks! Honestly, the Sharks play a good brand of hockey, I like watching them play.

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!!!

-
Back