Any ideas ???

-
Yup.
I have a 10 dollar milton amp guage that works too.

My go to is power probe circuit tracer

I think I found it. :thumbsup:
Ignition switch wires -

DSCN1306.JPG

DSCN1307.JPG

DSCN1308.JPG

DSCN1309.JPG

Now, where to get one... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After you fix that you may have to find the cause of it.
But then again it may just have been a wire getting hot that started the whole mess because of a bad connection.
I'm sure glad we got this figured out. Now come on down and put this engine in my Dart for me. LOL just kidding I'll get it done before next fall.

But then again it may just have been a wire getting hot that started the whole mess because of a bad connection.
I'm sure glad we got this figured out. Now come on down and put this engine in my Dart for me. LOL just kidding I'll get it done before next fall.
why can't I buy the piece as a whole? This is all I can get.
read:https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/.../ramcharger?q=Ignition+Switch+Connector&pos=0

I'm hoping that all the hacking the previous owners did is what led to this, and not the other way around... LOL. With the complete different engine harness, and a new pig tail, and I am putting a new ignition switch on just to do it, I hope my problems are over.

I'll post the results...….

I bought it..... :)

Man, I'd have no problem helping ya get that beast a rock'n. 2 bad it's 5 hrs on the road round trip
I went back and looked and it said out of stock. And I thought oh crap that figures.
Hopefully this fixes the problem.
My thinking is there might have been a wire get hot because of a connection at the bulkhead or at the switch and It caused the whole mess.
And the previous owner didn't look far enough to find the problem. And so just started chopping things to pieces and patching things trying to get it to go.

Check your melted spaghetti wiring against the schematic, which wires shorted out to the starter relay wire. Just for fun.

-
Back