Any info 1930s?

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
A friend of mine was cleaning out his mom's basement and found this.any info?

IMG_20200816_201303712.jpg

IMG_20200816_201250442.jpg

IMG_20200816_201219702.jpg

Just did a little more searching on it... It appears that Dodge was a brand of embalming fluid in the 1940's and they made these glass bottles to sell their preserving juice for dead bodies.

Max Huncke is known as the grandfather of the embalming process. He started the EMBALMERS SUPPLY COMPANY of Brooklyn, New York in April 1886. Operated as "The Brooklyn Fluid Works" and "Dodge (Dolge) and Huncke Company of Brooklyn". The Embalmers' Supply Company, trade name ESCO, has been the first with many items for use in this industry

Also found this blurb...

Embalmer glass bottle from Dodge Chemical company. graduated and numbered embossed side, this bottle measures eight inches. Clear perfect glass. A great postmortem collectble.

Man, that is morbid. Closed casket for me, make it out of Pine. Don't cry for me, throw a party for me when I leave.

Use it for a washer bottle. Hell, I'd sanitize it and use it for a whiskey decanter. lol

Pretty sure thats an early dodge brother blinker fluid reservoir

His mother was execeter of all her family from when she was in her teens.she recently passed away at the young age of 97.she would collect what ever the rest of the family didn't want.,.......,..jeff

-
Back