any luck with dash pad covers, or recovering

-

evil 340

Reaction score
I m in the market for a dash pad for my demon project. I m looking for feedback on the moulded -hard dash covers. or I m looking for pics and feedback from those who recovered their own dash pads. I know it can be done and done well, (I ve seen-held a pad that was recovered) and it looked great.
SOOOOOOO. picks and info is what I m after. I m a try it yourself kinda guy. I already know if worst comes to worse I can buy a repop pad. I know there are a lot of guys wanting to chime in ....JUST BUY A NEW PAD. but my experience with folks like that is most of them have never tried it themselves first. or have more money than I do. lol.
thanks to everyone for feedback

i got the hard cover for mine, looks pretty good but doesn't fit perfect so you can see about a quarter inch of the old pad on the left and right side, but could be that I didn't put it on right...but looking at the car you wouldn't think about there being a cover on it....think it was 70 dollars well spent

dash, look at the side to see what I'm talking about, near the headlight switch

Attachments

• cuda dash1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 322
  • cuda dash2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 326
My 71 Demon had a cover when I purchased it and it just wasn't nice enough. I looked at the places that recover pads and they were pretty high. I ended up just purchasing a new pad. Wasn't that expensive and it looks correct. I don't have the car back together yet but have fitted it to the dash to check clearances and I like it.

My 74 Swinger has a Cap installed on it and it looks great much better than the factory pads in my opinion. The pad is not shown underneath at all.
Will post pics later

Tried to re-cover a dash pad with new vinyl didn't work at all for me never could get the vinyl to wrap right, bought a hard cover from a member on here for my moms duster, was not happy with the look of the hard cover at all, flipped it on here made my money back. My dart got a brand new Re-pop from B e and A mopar and I could not be any happier with it! My buddy had a 1973 swinger he had a shop re-make a Dash pad and they made it like 4 inches smaller width wise, it looked decent but funky. Take your time and way in cost over look at decide what you really want instead of loosing money in the end...

repro's are available now. I used a cap on my Dart

Attachments

• 166.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 304
B/E A parts $225 Dollars fits like an original one.

3888-B.jpg

I just has my dash pad repaired and painted. It was in decent shape with just a couples cracks around the corners. Cost me $125 and looks good. The grain is impossible to reproduce like new, but my guy did a nice job. I'd you have a good core, it can be repaired.

I put one on a challenger & a 68 dart I used a lot of plastic clamps, & used the glue that was sent w/ it, only around the edges,if you push & pull right you wont be able to notice that its a cap, they fit very well

-
Back