ANY MUSICIANS OUT THERE

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
seen a guitar in the background of a picture posted. had to wonder hhhmm wonder if there are any other musicians out there. you know people who play, doodle, have a band. my self i've been playing :rock: guitar for 36 years. have quite a collection. and a 24 track studio in my house. have a band "MID LIFE CRISIS",(go figure),with friends for over 20 years, and we are almost done with our 10 song cd. any :-({|= :rock: :supz: other players out there.

Ive been playing guitar for over 10 years. Ive been in a few bands but just dont have the time for it right now. Maybe again someday.

i play the drums there the best cuz u can beat the crap out of them and make a great song me and my buddy try to play metallica andAC/DC songs :afro: \:D/

I've been playing guitar for about 16 years. I currently have 4 (6-string electric, 7-string electric, 6-string acoustic, & 12-string acoustic). I am not presently in a band, but I am recording music with a home studio program on my computer.

onehellofadart,
Do you recall Lab Series amps? I have a couple (they are almost as old as our cars).

I've been playing Bass for over 30 yrs. I currently have a Honer Acoustic/Electric hollow body and also a Yamaha RBX-550 that I yanked out the frets ( ala Jaco.... ) and converted to fretless. I have'nt played in a working band in 10 yrs. I kinda miss it, but realisticly I don't have the time for it now.

I just occassionally go hang out with friends and make noise these days :D

I could never play an instrument or carry a tune, so I became the sound guy. Been out of sound engineering for a while, but still do sound & lighting work designing nightclubs. Did sound for most of the bands in Hawaii and also for the Bangles and Bobby Brown back in the day. Designed the sound & lighting systems for most of the major clubs in Hawaii and also The Beach in Las Vegas. Still do some consulting for the RA nightclub in Vegas.

first off welcome cudasrule.
74sport, i remember lab series, they were good amps. my oldest is a 24year old mesa boogie mark-2 4x4.by the way what recording prog are you useing ?
fastback340, that honer , is that what they called a beatle bass?
hawaii duster , used to play in heavy rock band in 70's called "moxie" started doing sound because thats were all our money went sound , and light guy.then started makeing money. you sound very hi scale .
i knew us mopar guys rolled, now its confirmed we also ROCK :rock:
lets see know a drummer , a bass, and a couple of guitars, and a sound guy. lets jam :D

How about a former musician? I haven't played anything in years...

The first instrument I learned to play was the alto sax. From there I moved to the tenor, then baritone & concert bass. Then onto clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe. Then I got tired of the wind and moved onto brass. Trumpet, trombone, bass trombone. Then came the strings. Violin, viola, double bass. 6 and 12 string guitar, then 4, 6 and 8 string bass.

I decided to focus on one instrument, so I went back to the baritone sax and joined a jazz band. Then I got tired of that and focused on guitar. Found that I really was more interested in the bass and moved back to that. I bought a giant Acoustic tube head and 4 - 4x15 horn-loaded cabinets. Much too big for playing in my garage, but so what. :headbang:

I started collecting BC Rich basses, I had 10 or 12 at one point. I loved the "metal" sound of them... My favorite was a custom-made Ironbird modeled after one I saw Geezer Butler play. Joined a band, played a few big shows here and there.

Then my friend had a Road Runner he was looking to sell. I had no cash, so I started selling off my bass collection to get the money for the car. I was down to 2 basses when the 'runner got hit by a truck. Bummer.

I still have a bass in storage at my mother's house. I haven't touched it in years.

mikel, i don't know why , but i had a feeling you played. too bad you don't play the horns anymore. your close. could use a horn section once in a while for personal recordings. :salut:

I'm using Cakewalk's Home Studio XL program and M-Audio's MobilePre USB as a preamp input. If I had a MIDI controller I'd get more out of the program.

I've played guitar since I was 9, electric bass since 12. I'm currently a Telecasterholic and Fender tube amp snob wannabe. I write and record songs on my own 16 track Korg digital recorder and CD burner. I don't play out or release my CD's myself. I do send some to a couple of performers.

I'm a drummer. Been playing since 5,my pop plays also,so I get it honest. I collect vintage kits,my current faves are my 76 red/clear 5 band Ludwig Visalites. Actually I make my living playing full time with my band Suckerpunch,and doing local studio work at the Sound Lab in Greensboro. Maybe we should set up a jam at the Bar-b-que? I can't play a lick of guitar,but I love vintage guitars and gear,love the sound of old tube amps overdriving!! I actually have an old Orange 100watt 2-12 combo I bought years ago when I had delusions of playing! :drunken:

its great you can make a living at it. myself i got tired of not haveing weekends off. lugging equipment home at 3-5 am.

-
Back