Any New Brunswick members out there?

-

hemidart1

Reaction score
I have found out my wife and I are moving to Saint John next spring and wondered if anyone is out there. I don't know anyone at all out there and would like to hook up with some Mopar guys for shows, cruises and racing. I'm bringing my Charger and my '66 Valiant race car out there. I'll be looking to go to the drag strip and racing as well.

Al.

Hey Al,

I replied to your PM. There are some other members, but not to close. LeBlanc (Jean-Guy) is in Moncton, 70Dart (Marvin) is in Fredericton and Duster (Robert) is in Bathurst. There is also a member in Sussex but I can't remember his name right now.
As far as racing goes, the nearest track is Miramichi. Marvin goes there often, but I have yet to go as it is 3 hours away. There are various shows in the area with the biggest (1618 cars this year) being the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton in July each year. There are cruise nights with the Valley Cruisers being the local car club. Not very many Mopars there though.
I do know some other racers and I can introduce you to them once you get here.

Jack

Hi Al, Marvin here from Fredericton. I was just at Miramichi dragway this weekend. I am about an hour from Saint john here is the link to the drag site http://www.miramichidragway.com/ . You are moving here in the spring so you will be just in time to take in the Canada's fastest street car shootout being held in Miramich next August. The even t will be huge with approx. 300 of the fastest cras from Canada, the U.S. Australia and England competing. This is a link about the event it is going to be awesome http://www.canadianfasteststreetcarshootout.com/ this is a big event usually held in Toronto so it should be pretty awesome.

Hi Al, Jean-Guy LeBlanc here from Dieppe. Just wanted to welcome you to the Maritimes. The Atlantic Nationals is now known as the biggest car show in Canada now. It runs over a four day period , this year I heard 1631 participants but Jack's 1618 is close enough. This show has more Mopars each year although we are still outnumbered. One different and cool thing this year was that our local Chrysler/Dodge dealer held a mini show for Mopars only. I met Jack at the show this year and we both had a blast and a few cold ones.

PS The wages are not as high down here compared to what you're used to, but then again the cost of living is a lot less too.

not to worry i'm underpaid here so anything is an improvement!
(besides I'm not the bread winner.)

Al.

My wife is heading out next month to scope out the best place to set up shop. I think it will be either Saint John or Moncton. We are going to be moving out next June but i'll be heading out early to get a house and move some stuff-maybe in May or April

I was born in Fredericton, does that count? :D

Speaking of Freddie, does anyone know if Eric Vallis still lives there? When I went down for my Grandfather's funeral many years ago (eary 90's?), I looked him up and popped over to admire his turquoise 68 Dart.

Hi Dave, I bought my 340 engine from his son. For some reason I think I remember someone telly me that Eric passed away. I will have to double check on that But I am quite certain.

Hi Dave, I bought my 340 engine from his son. For some reason I think I remember someone telly me that Eric passed away. I will have to double check on that But I am quite certain.

That's very sad if true. :(

-
Back