Any new word on those Victor heads?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All

Saw that Edelbrock has these on their site now, but (at least for me) the pics don't work.

Been occupied with other things over the winter. Has there been any new news?

Thanks!

hadnt seen that on edelbrocks site before,cool that probably means they are getting somewhere with it:D

Ya LX, where ya been? Doin something coool or just stayin cool?

1 fast, I hope so.

Nothing fun. Car has been on ice (not literally) all winter. Haven't spun a wrench in months!

It would be cool if those heads were the real deal. Small block Mopar has been left behind for too long!

The RPMs have been out for a while. The Victor is supposed to be something new. they were in the new product announcement at PRI this year.

there's a pic of the heads on page 145 in the downloadable catalog on the new products page. There is some weird text about the intake ports being raised to where you need a race intake, "Like the super victor 2815", but the text for the super victor says it fits conventional small block mopar heads.

Its mopar hot rod parts, so you know its vaporware until you actually see them in person, but it at least has the potential to be cool.

EDIT: The listing also says it has the Mopar W5 bolt pattern (I assume they mean exhaust bolts?), so that kinda sucks.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/cylheads/chrysler/sb_victor.shtml
Are you talking about this? (they don't show up on Summit Racing's site either)
Here is the RPM version to compare

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/cylheads/chrysler/sb_perf_rpm1.shtml

Based off the numbers provided, the RPM heads out flow the Victor series heads!!! WOW, guess i'll stick with my RPMS then.

the victors are raceheads and that is very clear in the flowchart and even if they may bolt on and work fairly good i would think they are intended to be ported by someone who knows what they are doing,to quote the man who ported my rpms" these rpmheads are absolute junk out of the box,they can be improved alot but they still stall at about .600" lift and there is no way around it"
the man who ported by rpms works on prostockcars so he may have somekind of idea about what works.

look at the victors flowchart,they keep on gaining up to .600" lift and probably past that i would bet they will be a good head with some work:thumrigh:

The RPMs have been out for a while. The Victor is supposed to be something new. they were in the new product announcement at PRI this year.

there's a pic of the heads on page 145 in the downloadable catalog on the new products page. There is some weird text about the intake ports being raised to where you need a race intake, "Like the super victor 2815", but the text for the super victor says it fits conventional small block mopar heads.

Its mopar hot rod parts, so you know its vaporware until you actually see them in person, but it at least has the potential to be cool.

EDIT: The listing also says it has the Mopar W5 bolt pattern (I assume they mean exhaust bolts?), so that kinda sucks.

dont worry about the raised intake ports,they have done the same trick as they did on the bigblock victorheads,they raise the ports and make the intakeflange on the head thicker so that a stock type intake still fits instead of needing a dedicated intake,you just put spacers betwen the endrails on the block and the manifold to take out the diference in height and to be able to seal the engine,there is no rocketscience to it realy8) as for the supervictor intake they recomend,the reason is that with the raised port you may end up with a slightly diferent port floor and roof angle and they probably designed the supervictor with these heads in mind,with runners exiting at a slightly diferent angle for better flow and a straighter shot at the valve.

hey now the W5 exhaustside doesnt suck its a big improvment,ever tried to squese in some desent primarytubes betwen the narrow and stupidly located exhaustbolts on stocktype head?

I would think (OK, that can be dangerous) that the raised port mention and bolt spacing being W5 would be the intake side of it all.

hey now the W5 exhaustside doesnt suck its a big improvment,ever tried to squese in some desent primarytubes betwen the narrow and stupidly located exhaustbolts on stocktype head?

Sorry, meant that it would suck to have to buy new headers. Not that the W5 itself sucks.

You could probably make the old one work, IMO, with some creative thinking. (AKA Welding)

Ummm for those that have reading comprehension issues.... the flow chart on the victor page says 61779, find that number amongst the victor numbers...

You might want to check the RPM page to find it.

Here's the catalog page I referenced in the above post:

VictorLA-1.jpg

Looks like there's a typo on that flow chart on the webpage for the Victors. Couple that with the listing big block twice instead of small block and its obvious QC at edelbrock is sky high these days.

-
Back