Any of you seen or have one of these LAYING around?

-

ehValiantguy

Reaction score
As the title states, who's car has one factory and or how many are out there in Moparland!? 1965 Valiant 200, Signet or Barracuda only. I'm thinking Southern States only would have them.

Looks like I have to go take a better pic...

Can anyone see in the pic what I am talking about?

Attachments

• phone 1899.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 774
As the title states, who's car has one factory and or how many are out there in Moparland!? 1965 Valiant 200, Signet or Barracuda only. I'm thinking Southern States only would have them.

Looks like I have to go take a better pic...

Can anyone see in the pic what I am talking about?

I can see the pic, but there are a lot of things in the pic. Which part are you looking at? The guages, heater delete, steering wheel, shifter.... ??

I'll take a stab at it, the rare aftermarket knuckle busting
under dash hangy down gauge set.
We used to add them after the wiring fire.

Probably needs a better pic and description of the question.

Attachments

• phone%201899.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 676
I had no idea that a heaterless Valiant existed. On one with Signet goodies, no less!

Someone educate me, why would you order a car with no heat/defrost?
A heater was an option and not a standard starting way back when they began making cars. In the south west there would be no need for it so until they became standard those areas ordered cars without.

I have seen one 70's mustang without heater option from New Mexico area, when working at Ford Dealership.

I recall back when I was a kid, used car dealers on TV would describe a well equipped car as having radio, heater, white walls.

Heater delete cars were only sold in Florida and Hawaii. Whether or not they were available elsewhere is unknown,... I think they were.

Yeah, if you look there are no heater / defrost controls in the picture, just a delete plate that is trimmed in chrome.

Weight slows cars down.

yea, but even in a warm place you still can get a good rain or a temperature fluctuation and get some fog on the window .....then what.

a heater seems to me like the most bare essential for any car

plus what if your overheating or running a little hot ...you can use the heater to dissapate some of the heat and cool you enough to get by

back in early 60's when my uncle that lived in Lakeland, Fl came to Al he would have to borrow a car to visit other family members because his Plymouth did not have a heater.

My 70 Dart Swinger is a heater delete.
Story I was told, guy in the military bought it in
California, shipped it to Hawaii then back again.
Don't know how you would go about verifying
the story.

Attachments

• resize2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 483
Pretty "COOL" eh. Never seen a heater delete before, but I live in the great white north LOL.

Brings back a memory of a guy at Fort sill OK back in 1970 asked me where his heater controls were on the georgeous Olds he just bought. I had to tell him it didn't have a heater. He was leaving the Army to go home to Milwaukee in the morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RaniDart70 wins a Brownie Badge. Glad it brought back some memories for you all.

Now who has one!?! A friend is looking for one for his car... Good luck right!

Thanks for the knuckle bustin jokes & the pic of your heater delete plate as well longarm.

My Florida '64 Valiant V100 was heater and radio delete. Just a row of chrome disks covering all the knob locations. When I moved "North" to Gainesville from Sarasota, I realized not having a heater was a bad plan. My defogger for years was a rag on the bench seat!

I wonder if those 65 Valiant Acapulcos manufactured and sold in Mexico were heater delete? Those are pretty "southern" cars.

I Know ! your looking out the windshield and your in the garage and in front of the car it looks like the sink and washing machine is a little on the left side. How's that ?

For later model A bodies, not sure what an early one would look like. the block off plates are rare, but the fresh air box is almost unobtainium.
These are on Desmond's more door, mine has the same thing.

Attachments

• 0828131835.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 0828131836.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 0828131836a.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 0828131852.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 397
attachment.php

Here is the one in my car.

-