Any one know how hard it is to get the light for

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
the rallye gauge cluster working ? turn signal , hi beams lights work ,but night lights for speedo and tach oil presswater temp do not . If it is not simple bulb prob what to do to get it working ?
Thanks

There are four bulbs that illuminate the gauges at night they are a 9 and 3 on both the pods. The inboard one on each pod illumate the small center pod where the tach, clock or vacuum guage would be.

If they are all out it's likely the reostat in the light switch is bad. You can put a jumper across those two terminals (don't have my wiring diagram handy and don't know the positions off hand) on the light switch connector to verify if it's the switch. Maybe try turning the knob back and forth a few times and see if it's just a dirty contact.

If you can twist into controsions you can likely reach the bulbs from under the dash without pulling the cluster if its bulbs.

Aha , it is all coming back to me now . Thanks for the tips . will try them out before anything drastic

Just an FYI you can get new bulbs and the holders from Napa. I had to change out most all of the holders in my car.

The new holders from NAPA now do not come with a good postive stop for the rotation as you turn them. Got a couple of the older units and then newer units. With newer easy to twist so that contacts are not on pads in cluster. NAPA was the last holdout for the good holders till last year. The 2 Amp fuse protecting the lights is after the rheostat, so that is an easy place to jump or check voltage.

I had ordered new holders from The Paddock a couple of
years ago. Went to install them a couple months ago and guess what.

They don't fit......no positive stop........Barracudakid bailed me out again with a nice set of used ones from a '67-68-69 Cuda

8 bulbs total in the rallye panel. You may be young and limber enough to replace a few from underneath.
If you remove the panel you gain access to other items that could probably use a little maintanance. Good luck either way

-
Back