ANY ONE KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO MOPAR MADNESS AT Virginia Motorsports PARK ?

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have not seen it in years so i sent a email to the track and got back a short answer that said we no longer holed it . I read in to that as something happen for them to just stop it
the last one i went to was 2015 . Does anyone know what happened

we no longer holed it

I do not know the answer specifically, but bear in mind.... Most of these events are run by a promoter, and the track hosts them. I think your answer lies at the promoters (or the event needs a new promoter).....I'm sure the track is ready, willing and able.

Looks like it may have had multiple sponsors??;

Mopar Madnes – Mopar Action Article Extra

Another possibility is that the promoters were no longer able to use the word “Mopar” without permission from Fiat who was the owner of Chrysler and its legacy. Something like that happened to Phil Painter who sponsored Mopars At The Strip in Las Vegas which then morphed into Muscle Cars At The Strip around 2015-2016. Fiat reduced the number of Chrysler/Dodge dealers in the US and Phil Painter’s dealership was dropped. He was no longer allowed to use ”Mopar” in his promotions.

Another possibility is that the promoters were no longer able to use the word “Mopar” without permission from Fiat who was the owner of Chrysler and its legacy. Something like that happened to Phil Painter who sponsored Mopars At The Strip in Las Vegas which then morphed into Muscle Cars At The Strip around 2015-2016. Fiat reduced the number of Chrysler/Dodge dealers in the US and Phil Painter’s dealership was dropped. He was no longer allowed to use ”Mopar” in his promotions.
That all sounds good didn't think of that .

I don't understand the thinking of the bean counters. Wouldn't it make more sense to get the Mopar name out there? It's like free advertising. But no....they don't want anyone using the name without compensation. So, they would rather not have the name out there.

I don't understand the thinking of the bean counters. Wouldn't it make more sense to get the Mopar name out there? It's like free advertising. But no....they don't want anyone using the name without compensation. So, they would rather not have the name out there.
With all the new BS, regulations, and legal crap going on these days, the bean counters probably don't want any representation of their brand that they aren't in charge of.

-
Back