any one shoot a kimber 45

-

71dustar

Reaction score
been looking at getting my first pistol. i've shot different 45's but just recently hooked on the kimbers. Looking at getting a pro carry ii and will try to go shoot it if the local gun club has one.

My friend has a custom trigger II kimber 45 and loves it so im just looking for opinions and advice.

I've shot a Kimber 1911 several times, very smooth pistol. I'd recommend it. I dont know much about the other models though

I've shot a Kimber 1911 several times, very smooth pistol. I'd recommend it. I dont know much about the other models though

Ive shot one too several times. I liked it alot. The guys down here in the Norcross PD use it, but Ive heard them say after running a bunch of round through it, (think the guy said around 3k, I dont remember.) It began to lose accuracy slowly in a noticeable manner

i have an ultra carry II and i love it have shot it a bunch with no issues great gun you get what you pay for

I love my Browning Hi Power in 9mm. Awesome weapon. I also love the Glock 17, Which is standard Police issue around here. Both very accurate with the Glock being well, Bullet Proof! And yes pun intended!! It's like underware and tooth brushes though. It's what is comfortable for you. Only if it does not work when you need it, Your not just naked with bad breath, You're dead!

Something to think about!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Good gun no doubt. I really liked shooting one, but didnt see the price to match the value. Pricey guns when, in my opinion, you can find a good Colt, Browning, etc... for quite a bit less dinero. You are buying a lot of the Kimber name. Overall though.... if money isnt a issue... buy the Kimber.. you will like it !

-RPM

The Pro Carry II is a fine piece. There was some noise made awhile back about Kimber's use of MIM parts, but that stuff is easily replaceable if it's a concern. In any case, the usual functional upgrades are already there (beavertail grip safety, extended slide release, etc) and it's ready to serve. I'm not generally too enthused about aluminum-framed 1911s, but as long as it's not digesting some crazy +P++++++ rounds, it's really a non-issue.

I have several of them. When we go shooting I normally bring my Tactical Custom. Have fired 6500 rounds or so thru it, it is as accurate now as it was new.

I understand that Kimber is top of the line gun but if I can't carry it in my front jean pocket COMFORTABLY then I really have no use for it. I can't afford those type guns! LOL

I could if I really wanted to but yall know what I mean.

Sure I could holster it but it's hot and don't want to wear a long sleeve shirt to conceal the weapon. Now I guess guns are like cars show em off, use them a little bit then put them back in the case (garage). A gun collection is nice to have just like anything else I guess.

I love my little .38 Special S@W Airweight revolver model 642. I for one tote my gun everywhere and don't have to worry about toting a cannon around. I understand knock down power also so I choose to use +P rounds. I guess I'm just a practical type guy.

I have two Kimber 1911 45's in my collection.
I think you will pleased with the Kimber line of firearms.

Jim's Arsenal 003 [640x480].JPG

is there a big difference in the ultra and pro when shooting them? i know the ultra has a 3" and the pro has a 4".

Come july 29, 2010 arizona residents can conceal their weapons without a permit so i am trying to find a gun that is easy to conceal in case i do need to.

My good friend has the kimber trigger custom II and thats who got me onto kimber.

Ive got one i love. Several friends also have them. Havent heard any negatives from these guys. I dont think the price is out of line. I have owned many different brands (no cheap off brands) and think they are as good a value as any. But i do admit i buy used excellent condition guns at a savings. If you can find one (like on gunbroker) i would go that route. Also i think you meant custom target II unless your frined has had someone lighten his trigger. But kimbers usually have a 2 or 3 pound trigger already.

-
Back