Any one taking the ASE tests this go around?

-

Gnome

Reaction score
well anyone?

i am taking A2 automatic transmissions to get my master tech status.... i am also taking L1 advanced engine performance to just have...

to those that are and have taken some last week... good luck!!!

BTW is it me or does annulas gear sound dirty... :-k

I took the A8 this past Thursday.Ive failed it twice already,maybe this time will be a charm.Some of the questions are either stupid or dont have enough info.I have a loong way to go before Master. =\

I took the A8 this past Thursday.Ive failed it twice already,maybe this time will be a charm.Some of the questions are either stupid or dont have enough info.I have a loong way to go before Master. =\

i hope you passed! the questions are so confusing some times, most the time if they give you any extra info, then it is the wrong info for the question. (at least thats my experience)

i think i did good on the a8 because mazda sent me to school for engine performance. i saw a few a1 engine repair questions on there too. also i have been to school for certified emission repair technician 2 times but barely passed those classes.

i have failed the auto trans cert before so hopefully i can do it this time.

the funny thing is that i started learning carburetor systems..then basically unlearned them with all this fuel trim nonsense.... now i struggle with carbs. BIG props to this website for helping me relearn them.

I have 5, kinda lost interest in taking them for now. I work at a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge dealership so I get training through there, am in the process of becoming a level 3 tech right now. ASE tests don't matter much in a dealership. ASE style questions suck though. Chrysler uses the same type of language/logic for their testing too. Usually two correct answers, one is 'more right' than the other. Experience pays off, some stuff you just know from doing. Other times even the highest level guys have no idea how to answer some of the questions. I missed the auto trans ASE by 1 question last time I tried it.

Gary Im taking re-certs on auto and man. trans this go around. Good luck on the L1 I have recerted in that twice

Took 5 recert tests last fall will recertify in auto and man trans and front end andL1 this fall third time Ive recertified master tech I started taking these in 1982, back then you had your choice of carbs or fuel injection in engine performance.A bit of a pain in the rear but shows you are proud of what you do and makes your shop look more professional, sometimes more pay,I think its worth the effort. Greg

I was a master tech for 30 years and now I can't even read one now. I am glad that I am out of the bussiness

I was a master tech for 30 years and now I can't even read one now. I am glad that I am out of the bussiness

wish i could say that...lol

good luck to the others that have them today or thursday.

i don't really need to have any more... for the place i'm at...so i am doing it as a personal goal, or "other" potential.

recerts huh? i figure you will pass but good luck if ya need it.

i'm glad its over...i think i did better on the L1 than the auto trans.

-
Back