any pictures of line lock installation?

-

duster73

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of their line lock installation? New to this install and could use some help.Any pics would be appreciated. Installing this on my 73 Duster.. Thanks to all Dave.

sorry I spaced you off last night but I have camera in hand now. I don't know how much these will helpbut here they are . What are you having particular problems with?

excuse the mess ...I decided to re do my shifter this morning ...LOL
always under construction ..LOL

easiest way to describe the install is I took the line to front brakes out of master and into line loc -took second line from lineloc back to master and mounted the solenoid on the inner fender well

works great this way and I didnt have to mess with any "T's" in the line just used the factory setup

for the electric I ran a hot wire from an auxillary fuse block I alredy had installedwith an inline fuse to my shifter button then on the other side of the button I ran it to the solenoid and grounded the remaining wire on solenoid to body.I also added a l.e.d. between the button and the solenoid so when the line loc is on so is the l.e.d. (just connected one side of light where I connected the button and solenoid and took the other side of the light to ground

hope this helps

Thank you for the pictures. They are a big help! Hurst instructions say to cap one side of front splitter,then run the other side into solenoid. Out of solenoid to with a tee to both front brake lines.The way yours is ran is much simpler but i don't understand why Hurst saya to run it the other way.Any Ideas?Safety issue?This is going into my 73 Duster, with no engine in it yet, so there room to work on it. Thanks again for the pictures ,Outlaw . Dave

duster73 said:
Thank you for the pictures. They are a big help! Hurst instructions say to cap one side of front splitter,then run the other side into solenoid. Out of solenoid to with a tee to both front brake lines.The way yours is ran is much simpler but i don't understand why Hurst saya to run it the other way.Any Ideas?Safety issue?This is going into my 73 Duster, with no engine in it yet, so there room to work on it. Thanks again for the pictures ,Outlaw . Dave

Yeah its called covering their asses.

Mine is installed the same as Outlaws. Haven't had a problem so far.

the reasoning behind there logic is to use one side of the front systen for the line loc because not every car has their brakes system the same some run 2 front lines from master and as Onehellofa dart says this covers their ***...but you end up the same ...my way is jusst simpler , cheaper, andyou don't end up screwing with the brake bias or the porportioning valve ...plus I 'm not worried about liability insurance for a billion $$$$

.......................................capped off side
----------[] .............................[T]
..............."T"------[lineloc]------[ ]--------[master]
----------[]
hurst way
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------[]
.............."T"-------{lineloc]----------[master]
----------{}

outlaw's way
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hurst tells you to do it just as said above to cover there hinneys and I have a Biondo set-up in my car and in there printed instructions and diagram its just like outlaws got his set-up.

and I have not had 1 problem of any kind safety or otherwise with it hooked up that way.

O.K. fellows i just wanted to make sure i wasn,t doing something unsafe or really stupid. Thank you for the diagrams and reassurance. I will run the lines as suggested. Just wanted to set it up right the first time. Thanks Again . Dave

If you put the line-loc between the master and the stock distribution/proportioning block then you will PROBABLY have the brake light come on in the dash. The reason is there will be an abnormal pressure difference in the hydraulic lines between the front and rear circuits. This is a safety feature to warn you of a potential brake system failure.

My line lock is plumbed in right off the master in to the main rear brake line.

When my light in the dash comes on(and it doesn't come on all the time so thats tells you how good they are) as I hit the toggle switch and set the front brakes its no biggie as when i'm done with burnout and hit switch and it releases the front brakes 1 or 2 pumps and it centers the ball/spring in my distrubtion block and alls well lights out.

Adam...your line-loc is on your rear brakes? WOW the worlds first front wheel drive cuda ....I want one !!!!!

only kidding I knew what ya meant ...I think ..LOL

-
Back