Any reputable body shops in New York?

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
I have a 1971 plymouth duster. I'm interested in having the body redone. It was painted over before, but it was a cheap fix. The right rear fender well was rotting. The body guy patched it up, but he seems to have put a bit more sheetmetal. The diameter of my tires says so. This was done 5 years ago. Other than that, all she really needs is some sanding, smoothing and paint. Any reputable shops in New York? Yes, It has a 73' grill.

DSC066211.jpg

2-1.jpg

05110814461.jpg

How far are you willing to travel ? My shop is about an hour away from you.

Where in New York are you. The state is on the large side. You never put it in . (Location) Adam has a great shop doing alot of resto work.

the rear section is 71' but the front clip is 72'. see the different side marker lights.

we have a couple of body guys in our club,capital area mopars.were are centered in the albany area.eddie catricalla did an awesome job on my race car,he's very good and very fair priced.if you need to get in touch with him,
call the club president gene wilsey.he's the parts manager at clifton park dodgeworld in clifton park ny.

sorry about the late reply. I'm located in Fresh meadows NY 11366. I'm willing to travel within 80 miles as long as the guy know what he'd doing,haha.

IF you PM AdamR, you'll get a response quicker.

what are you thinking putting the 71 front end stuff back on the ole girl...

Nah, I'm happy with the way it looks. I'm not looking for a restoration, just decent body and paint. I'm sure everyone loves the earlier front end, it is what it is :)

I'm not in a rush for a response, I'll surely PM when the car is ready for paint. I just have to install the front disc conversion and shell be good to go.

Sure, that will look great....of course any color on that car will look great...what color interior looks blk...

sorry about all the questions...I have my avatar which is a 70 challenger w/a non matching 360 /auto.on the floor car..buckets console...brown interior driver..then i have a 70 duster matching #'s 340 car...ev2 exterior ,black interior auto on the column car that I have had since 93...getting a full resto this summer...

I was checking out the challenger, it's gorgeous. My brother had the car since 81' and I just started getting into it. Has that mopar smell which I love. Hopefully if all goes well, I can make it to alot of mopar shows and cruises.

Thanks but the pics make it look better than it really is...I lack 2 cop car rims for the challenger...I have the cop hub caps already with the holes in them...Just need to save up some cash for the last 2 rims...They come up for sale on here every now and then.....any thoughts of a go wing for the trunk ?..

I'll take an old street car than a show car anyday. Imperfections makes it even better. I thought about a go wing, but don't think they come cheap. If I had to choose that or a shark tooth grill, I'd probably go with the grill, but that's another story. I just spent a decent amount on 15x8 steelies and new front disc conversion along with some other goodies. If I can find a decent deal for body and paint, I just may splurge on some other things. :)

-
Back