Any roller skaters here?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Wife picked up some cheap Chicago Skate 4 wheelers. Bearings are crap! 608Z with a built in bearing spacer. I tried some ABEC 3 skate bearings out of some old roller blades in there but I need a spacer. Is there a standard sized spacer I need to install regular skateboard bearings? It looks to be about .250 on an 8mm ID.

I tried it once. I made it around the loop one time and as I tried navigating the turn to go around again I went straight, hit an emergency door with the bar on it to open it.

Well, the door opened and out I went, about a 4 foot drop into the snow, lol.

Got my Speed Kings oiled and ready
Let’s race

EB427708-0769-4E2F-B4C4-67CC0919DD73.jpeg

Do the Chicago plates have jump bars ?
As for the spacers it would depend on the specific plates and wheels. Are they the stock wheels or eurethane ?

The hot ticket back in the day was a pair of Reidell boots with Chicago plates , jump bars and Sure-Grip White Velvet wheels .

Urethane wheels, PVC hubs and those cheap unsealed ABEC none bearings. The flat skate bearings just need that .250 spacer to allow the nuts to cinch down on the solid metal collar the spacer and the 2 inner races create and let the wheel spin freely. Without a spacer the nuts lock up the bearings. With the cheap bearings the wheels seem loose on the shaft but the nut is tight. Loads of play in those bearings. My kids cheap *** Roller Derby skates had better bearings but I can only find 1, I saved it to make a roller for rims when im polishing them on the bench. Side note: my mom's small town in north east Texas used to get a portable roller rink for the summer season. It was about 1/2 the size of an Olympic swimming pool, raised 3 feet off the ground and made with a bunch of 1" plywood sheets on a metal frame. They set it up with carnival tent over it (open sides cause its 106F in Texas in July) in its own lot off the main drag. Uneven as heck, it was pretty hard to skate on it but was better than nothing I guess.

-
Back